"The happiest place on earth"

Get email updates of new posts:        (Delivered by FeedBurner)

Thursday, November 29, 2001

Search Referrals - 29th November 2001 / Andrew's new page / Using the Cane

Now that Google has finally reindexed my Tripod page, I no longer get all the hits redirected from Geocities.

On the plus side, I get to see all the weeeird things people search for in Search Engines, to find my page.

I refer you to Yaoi Girl's own Search Engine referrer page.

At present, of the last 20 searches, there were 6 for "Green Tea Ice Cream", which, considering her blog is titled that, is not surprising, especially considering the links to it from her Yaoi/Anime community. 3 more of the queries are related to ice-cream. As usual, there are the "hentai" (hentai ice and rena hentai) searches, and one "sex on ice". Why is sex mentioned so frequently there?

Maybe she should stop talking about sex, hentai and tentacles on it.

And it seems many of her friends' blogs have a similar design - large anime-themed picture on top, sidebar on the left with information and links to other in the community. That sort of stuff.

Looking at mine own search engine hits:

First, the ones from when this page was indexed when it was the old download page.

"blood sword" - considering this was when this was a repository for Blood Sword covers, among other things. Mmm. I still get Google's top 10 for "Blood Sword" hits (and the Associate still owes me some help with my Blood Sword page...)

6 hits about variations of George Bush wavs - Too bad it was George Herbert Walker Bush's speech. It goes: "You know, Barbara is unstable. She is too big, and spends too much. She's nagging, lazy and uninspired, but when Barbara holds my pride, I have always risen to the occasion. This may seem frivolous, and it don't mean itself, but this weekend, we did it together, right here in this chamber, pushing, my missile inch by inch further and deeper, and I'm huge, and I think twice, really, that this is no time to boast. Tonight she wanted me to know that someday having a good time must end. Which means, no more next year than this year, oh no, this will not stand! She now recognises that I have needs, my piece is hard and it's been languishing in these hallowed halls for years now. There're certain things that a president can do without the wife, and I'm gonna do them. Let me level with ya, I relish I'm good, and job, and I cannot wait. Let me tell you what you can do. Give me the same thing 43 Governors have - a new woman under complete government control. And you, pay the bill. And finally, I had a joint tonight, and it is, kicking in now. And that is fine. No one ever thinks - I need drugs, but after all, a man needs a vice. You know, I have bad dreams. This time, I saw Elvis, that thief, making fun of my life, and you know, my thing. *This* will not stand. Thank you, and God Bless our beloved country, thank you very very much.

Listen to the WAV.

[Addendum: The link is broken. Download the WAV.


Embedded MP3]

"Ecce Quomodo Moritur" was searched for once. Mmm, rare to find it on the ih'ernet.

"College Football Handicaps" - What the hell?! But that's Askjeeves, which is weird, so.

"what shall i do it is VERY I MEAN IT IS VERY BORING" - also from Askjeeves. They think my page is funny? Wah.

"Raffles Voices" - whoah, I'm on Yahoo's first page of Google-provided results about my alumni choir.

"nelson kwei" - Hrm. Maybe they'll find the secret page.

"cache:Csg1rsKLWGE:www.geocities.com/gssq/me.htm nanyang sports bra" - The image is frightening. Probably because I talk about a lot of stuff on my "About Me" page. Don't remember a bra though.

"pictures of trishaw in singapore" - probably references to Melvin's trishaw.

"scanned pso pictures" - that's the problem with not using inverted commas. Maybe they'll like Xephyris' PSO Section ID calculator.

"turn off your handphone picture sign" - ???. Apparently because one of the quotes of the day at the time it was indexed was Apple Woman's talk about her tai gor tai handphone.

"Chiang Kia-Shek" - How very odd, just because History 6 Lecturer made a snide remark about how Chiang Kai Shek was unpatriotic. Well, he was damned if he did and damned if he didn't, I don't think even his best German trained troops would've survived the Japanese.

"pictures of jc girls singapore" - ???. If only ah. The site would get millions of hits then.



1:42AM:
"science over 18 vagina pictures sex" - uhhh.



Andrew Gan has finally updated his page! Oops, not *that* one, this one. I just put it on Netmind so I can visit when it is updated. Netmind is bear'er than Spyonit.

Surprisingly personal, without being angsty (that's a compliment by the way, oh Bunny Killer). No drab colour schemes (why do you think successful sites like bay and yahoo all use white backgrounds, black text and blue hyperlinks?), no irritating "about me" that has words or phrases. For example, his might go:

bunnies. babylon 5. (insert latest obsession here, eg "Killer"). some cute stuff. dancing.

or something like that :)

"I still want to know about certain things: Why does Madam Chiang have issues with the (s)elected Prefectorial Board? And I say Henry Park is somewhat elitist too, though not as much as RI." - something from him that inexplicably appeared here.

How to be pretentious - very funny.

People spend all their time reading all those "deep" books, while I don't. I'll just run around acting like a fool.



'People don't use the cane now, except for cows and horses,' said Chief Justice Yong Pung How when he dismissed their appeals [of a couple who caned their maid]. I bet if a case of people who caned their children was brought before him, he'd not say that.
blog comments powered by Disqus
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Latest posts (which you might not see on this page)

powered by Blogger | WordPress by Newwpthemes