"The happiest place on earth"

Get email updates of new posts:        (Delivered by FeedBurner)

Thursday, July 25, 2002

Today was our Life Run, held at Marina South.

For once, I was a few minutes late, arriving 5 minutes later than the stipulated timing, both because my father'd taken a wrong turn and he'd been unwilling to stop banging at his stocks and shares for some minutes before we left. Oh well, the most that can happen is that I'll be confined or sign one extra (the first that I'd have signed in my indenture, by the way).

The significance of the concept of Life (Lifelong Investment in Fitness and Exercise) still eludes me, but I suppose the powers that be thought it a cute acronym.

I was, and still am, aching in at least 4 places - the extremes of my chest where my arms meet my shoulders, and my inner thighs, the former courtesy of IPPT and the latter kindly given to me by unarmed combat. As such, the Life run became a Life walk for me, and I joined the suspiciously large walking contingent.

The SAF Music and Drama Company came down to teach the Battallion the not-so-fun dance. The response from us was grudging and lukewarm at best, even with the bubbly enthusiasm of the MDC people. I think the only thing that excited most people was seeing the MDC girls. One of them was rather unnerving - whenever she lifted her arms, you could see part of a tattoo starting underneath her belly button. Where it went to, or what it depicted, I have no interest in knowing. When I pointed the tattoo out, Sinsiang said I was very "observant". Bah.

Later, during "Connect" time (see earlier entries for an explanation of this), the CO asked us to close in around the MDCers and "connect" with them. Everyone suddenly became very animated and swamped the poor few MDCers. And later we were chided by the CO:

"Next time we connect, and there are ladies present, do not behave as if you haven't seen ladies for 20 years"

There was a kite making competition. How novel. And HQ lost. Again. Even though we have the most men :)


Quotes:

"When I contacted Jenny [Someone: Gay boy] (Zaini)"

"All those of RSM calibre. Regimental's shortest man (Regiment's)"

"Firstly, did you all enjoy the fundance? [Silence ensues] You all didn't enjoy the fundance."


My parents are trying to persuade me to take up driving lessons. When I voiced my lack of interest,

"You must learn to take an interest in something. Everything also 'not interested'."

Sigh.
blog comments powered by Disqus
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Latest posts (which you might not see on this page)

powered by Blogger | WordPress by Newwpthemes