"The happiest place on earth"

Get email updates of new posts:        (Delivered by FeedBurner)

Thursday, July 25, 2002

Mid-week post:

Tomorrow we have a Batallion Run at Marina South - a refreshing (I hope) change of scenery from East Coast Parkway. And then I get to (wow, I GET to) clear half a day of my off. During which I can either be boring and stay at home and sleep or be equally boring and go to RJ again. Goodie.

I was surprised to see, in the Lion-Serval shared level 1 void deck, the kites that Temasek Secondary uses for their item. I'd actually been naive enough to think that the students or the school kept the props. Oh, why would they be so dumb when they could use the SAF's resources? And someone pointed out that NSFs probably made the props too. I wonder which unit keeps CHIJ's garlands.

I am told the NDP stage burnt down! Perhaps it is the work of evil terrorists!

Restored Post

I suspect that there are steroids in our water. Instead of the mind altering substances of BMT, they are spiking it with body altering substances! I come to this conclusion from looking at this morning's IPPT results. 41 Situps, 10.5s (I think) for Shuttle Run, ~184cm for Standing Broad Jump (They are so confident of their soldiers that the minimum marking is 189cm - I jumped just short of that and so got the same as for my S Papers - Unclassified! Haha.) and 16:44 for the 2.4km run. This with next to no physical training since BMT, and a weight increase to boot.

Whoever planned our program was very intelligent. Either that, or very sadistic, for after IPPT in the morning we had our first Unarmed Combat lesson.

Unarmed Combat in the SAF is titularly Taekwando, but it is rather different from the version I learnt a long long time ago (and for which I have the cert, gotten through numerous gradings in the now-defunct Geylang Stadium [formerly Gay World I believe] somewhere). It is also much worse. Today's lesson was actually rather light, except for the stretching, which by all accounts, is actually the most tiring and painful part of the whole lesson. We did splits in all directions, or tried to at any rate, and held them for 30 counts - rather light apparently, as people have ever done 200 on their first lessons. My thighs still hurt now though.

Apparently the durians that fall from the trees outside my camp are very big and nice, and taxi drivers stop by to pick them. Looking at one of the thickets, I also saw rambutans and possibly jackfruit.


Ho Poh Fun was in Life, as Andrew mentioned somewhere. I read the article, and it only mentions her and her age (55) in passing. So nothing to laugh about.


Quotes:

"Oh no! i just saw a man with the same hair as asian prince!" (sms)

"You all are fighting over a box of condoms?"
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Latest posts (which you might not see on this page)

powered by Blogger | WordPress by Newwpthemes