"The happiest place on earth"

Get email updates of new posts:        (Delivered by FeedBurner)

Sunday, July 28, 2002

I had dinner with Yortsin and the history people today at Suntec City. It was nice, seeing the ripples from my old life. On a $100 budget (each of the students chipped in $20), we got a Gambler (1 Chicken, half rack of ribs, 6 middle portions of chicken wing, 6 muffins and 4 sides) and 6 ice teas at Kenny Roger's. And a crazysexycool mudpie, a Boner cake (both of which are much smaller than the ones at the Wheelock Place outlet!!!) and a coffee at NYDC, and we still had $15 left over.

It was very interesting, for those who didn't have dyed hair in school all got some form of highlights (Tong says in her defence, that Felicia was using up the remnants of her dye on her), and Zixuan, who had very obviously dyed hair in school, hasn't coloured her hair since and the highlighting isn't obvious anymore.

Huishan said she remembers me from Nanyang. Apparently even then I was always smiling, a sign that even then, I was mentally disturbed!

I was merrily scribbling away on my ubiquitous piece of paper when Zixuan reached across, grabbed it and crumpled it. So mean!

Apparently Tong looks like some Taiwanese singer/show host "A Ya". I dug up some pics, in the process coming across stuff about the Indian Soyabean board, but frankly I can't see the resemblance. And I finally returned her the 1997 and 1999 RGS Yearbooks.

Huishan and Tong are going to go for Taekwando lessons. Frankly I don't see what's so fun about it, and my groin muscles still hurt from Wednesday's stretching. So much for "the most important stretch", as Melvin liked to say.

Apparently 8 year old girl has had a string of boyfriends. Ooh.


When I stepped past the MRT gates at City Hall, I saw Enbin. He was going to some SYO thing with army friends. Lucky Clerk. Air Force Clerk to boot.

While waiting for Yortsin outside Polo Ralph Lauren's (which Zixuan asked me the pronounciation [sic] of because she claimed I knew everything), I saw Xavier, Xingtai and some other guy walking past. Talking to the former, I found that he didn't notice me during the NDP NE show, when he was chasing people off the field. And he asked if I knew Xingtai, to which I replied that it was a "I know your face, you know my face, but we don't know each other kind of thing". And Xingtai still has the juicer he won at the 1999 RI Graduation Night (and to which Robin, who was MCing, quipped, "How appropriate").


Engineer is in the NUS University Scholars' Program (USP). Wah.


My mother just came in and made some snide remarks, but she did raise one good point - I need to practice for my GP.
blog comments powered by Disqus
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Latest posts (which you might not see on this page)

powered by Blogger | WordPress by Newwpthemes