"The happiest place on earth"

Get email updates of new posts:        (Delivered by FeedBurner)

Wednesday, July 31, 2002

How can anyone not be angsty- when the world is too much with us-? Or am i the only one my age who hasn't gotten over it already?

I don't tell anyone Anything. Or i just expect everyone to *get it*. *sigh*

I've been telling All my tutorial groups (and i mean All of them) about how my aunty is expected to see 1 patient in 2 minutes in her Jurong polyclinic job, and how she's timed and the no. of patients she covers a day is all recorded to see if she's performing up to mark. And how they shouldn't be all gasping at "The doctor over in that place in city Only saw his patient for 8 minutes? That's incredulous!" since it's all a relative thing.

One of them diao-ed me the other day so i diao-ed him back. (Sitting in the hall for dinner)
James: Hi, i don't think we've met before. I'm james (reaches out to shake hands with christine and i) are you new in college?
Christine: Hello i'm christine
me: Hello, i'm andrew and i've been in college for a semester already... and i believe i met you in choir. (Glares)
I don't think i'm really that repulsive.

Reminds me of saint johns saint margaret's church. If people ignore/forget me they could just invent names for me, like lydia did for a few sundays in a row. (laughs) I'm still not over the "Nobody likes me/nobody'll ever like me" thing.

Webster.com
Main Entry: angst
: a feeling of anxiety, apprehension, or insecurity

cambridge dictionaries
angst
strong anxiety and unhappiness, esp. about personal problems

Newbury house online dictioary:
angst n. frml. [U] (German for) great anxiety, often accompanied by depression:

Angst, a fundamental category of existentialism. According to the 19th-century philosopher S�ren Kierkegaard, dread, or angst, is a desire for what one fears and is central to his conception of original sin. For the 20th-century German philosopher Martin Heidegger, anxiety is one of the distinctive ways through which Dasein (the historical person) is disclosed as a contingent�

Wordsmyth.com :
Definition 1. a feeling of dread, anxiety, or anguish

"The sweetest thing" is such a cameron diaz returning to "there's something about mary". Geez, madonna's already done the gratituitous "I'll fondle my chest on the big screen, and push them Uuup and Dooown to show all my male viewers how they were firm and perky... and still are"; who really thinks she's sagging....!
blog comments powered by Disqus
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Latest posts (which you might not see on this page)

powered by Blogger | WordPress by Newwpthemes