"The happiest place on earth"

Get email updates of new posts:        (Delivered by FeedBurner)

Saturday, February 24, 2007

My meatloaf turned out more like meatpie. I used this recipe, substituting courgette for banana and curry powder for paprika and ground mustard.

I didn't feel like taking out the blender, so I peeled the courgette and used the tenderiser on it. I don't think it'll work, so I'll have little white-green bits embedded in the meatpie.



The pizza sauce is done. Today I used tomato paste, and threw in rosemary as well as marjoram and thyme and the bay leaf. I think the tomato paste makes a difference. I should put in more red wine ice cubes next time though - 3 of them didn't seem to flavour the sauce very much.


Pizza dough before I punched it down. It should be ready to roll at about 5:30pm.

4pm: The meatpie is currently baking in the oven for about another 50 mins. I hope it turns out okay.


4:23pm: ARGH MY MEATLOAF IS SWIMMING IN OIL. Minced pork doesn't quite substitute for lean ground beef.


4:50pm: It tastes alright. I could've put a bit more curry powder and salt (I got confused and put just over half as much salt as I was supposed to), and the bottom is black and crispy because it was merrily frying itself in the oil, but otherwise it's bagus. Especially considering the only acquaintance I've ever had with meatloaf is through Foxtrot comic strips.

I had to punch down the pizza dough again a short while ago, 30-45 mins ahead of schedule. Hmm.

6:15pm: My dough is too wet. Shit. This is bad especially when it sticks to the chopping board when I want to put it on the pizza pan to bake. And the dough's still rising - had to punch it again.

I don't have Mozzarella so I'm using mixed Cheddar and Parmesan.

6:53pm: First batch of pizza:





I forgot to poke the dough with a fork for this batch, or put onions. The dough is quite chewy - almost like Roman pizza dough!!!

8:15pm: The second batch, which I ate. I forgot to poke the dough before putting the ingredients on again, so I did it after. I remembered the onions and to put more cheese this time though.



The pizza was very good. The dough was a touch too yeasty - I used 1 2/3 tablespoons. Maybe I'll try 1 1/2 next time.

My mother seems to think that dirt and oil are like cockroaches which will reproduce and move around the house if they are not cleaned up immediately. Maybe I should live on campus next year.
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Latest posts (which you might not see on this page)

powered by Blogger | WordPress by Newwpthemes