"The happiest place on earth"

Get email updates of new posts:        (Delivered by FeedBurner)

Tuesday, February 20, 2007


Giant Vivocity being smart at marketing their goods.


Bak kwa at Tiong Bahru Plaza. "不要拿" (Don't take)




Cock restaurant along Greenwood Avenue.



SUG striking a pose to show how bad the mango pudding (and food in general) at Megasucks is.


Unwholesome item found in NUS Co-op, undermining our Asian Values.


I was asked to do a survey on the maritime industry in Singapore. This is the "one thing... [I] think about regarding Singapore's maritime industry".



I checked this book out from the Hon Sui Sen (Business) Library, and was asking people to guess how old it was. I got guesses ranging from 8 to 30 years.


In reality, this book is 1 1/2 years old. I've seen 50 year books in better condition. What the hell is wrong with NUS students?!


Apparently you can buy girls nowadays. I do not condone such sexual exploitation. Incidentally a friend ordered flowers from these people well in advance but they didn't deliver the goods on the day. Tut tut.


Some joker's entry in this year's 'Dirty Laundry' by Arts Club (you write stuff you want to complain about, and they respond):
Complaint: "We should have a watchgroup to protect people from STALKERS. :("
Response: "Are you being stalked within NUS? if so, call 6874 1616 for Campus Security. if it's beyond NUS, call 999 for e men in blue. =)"


Frigid Girl was accosted by a horde of secondary school children (probably Commonwealth) in school one day and given a yellow ribbon to raise awareness for child cancer ("i got accosted 3 times. one of them even chased me. made me accept the thing, even though i told him i already had"). Gah, my hair's getting out of hand again.



I saw a sign at a bazaar advertising "Free orange juice" and was immediately very suspicious, since university students are not going to have enough money to give out free orange juice (even if it's vile juice). So I took a cup, and my worst fears were realised: it was Orange Kordial.

I promptly complained to the girl manning this container about false advertising, and documented this perfidy.


Of course, since I was tardy in putting this up, the Sheares Bazaar is already over, so they will not feel the wrath of outraged consumers shocked at the shameless attempt to pull wool over their eyes and pass off ersatz Kordial for Real Juice. No matter, there's always the next one!

(The conspirators looked quite apprehensive at my documenting this plot)
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Latest posts (which you might not see on this page)

powered by Blogger | WordPress by Newwpthemes