"The happiest place on earth"

Get email updates of new posts:        (Delivered by FeedBurner)

Monday, January 15, 2007

"It is bad luck to be superstitious." - Andrew W. Mathis

***

NUS has finally screwed me administratively.

Not getting modules or tutorials in CORS I don't mind, since this is not due to their screwing up (the principle of bidding I support, even if not the implementation, and resources are always limited but wants unlimited). Taking 2 months to do my SEP (exchange) credit transfer was also alright, since it did not ultimately affect me.

However, what has happened this time is that a module with 3 tutorial slots (Friday 10-11, Friday 11-12 and Friday 2-3) had one cancelled (Friday 2-3). Even if they had to cancel one, they should've cancelled one of the two which were close together, to prevent timetable clashes, but for some reason they don't.

Unfortunately, I have a LKY SPP class on Friday from 9-12. So what I have to do now is try to change to another class, even though this is already week 2. My 2 options are a Monday class (6:30-9:30) and one of the Thursday classes (2-5pm).

Unfortunately, my classes on Monday are 10-12pm and 4-6pm, and the bus ride to Bukit Timah campus may take longer than usual due to road congestion. That class also has 33 students, which must make it one of the most packed LKY SPP classes. Not to mention problems getting dinner. Meanwhile I won't be able to make the Thursday class unless I switch my 1-2pm tutorial with the 12-1pm tutorial. This is assuming they let me change classes in the first place.

What might be the best bit is the reason why they cancelled one tutorial slot (ie The reason for the fuss in the first place). The department has a policy of providing 1 tutorial slot for every 25 students enrolled in the course. This module has 46 students, so 1 tutorial slot was scrapped (ah, but if only 5 more students had enrolled!) This despite the lecturer offering to personally take charge of the last slot to save students trouble.

If nothing works out, I should just skip the Friday tutorial, breaking my otherwise spotless NUS attendance record (thanks to NUS itself, so if they send me letters I'll send them some in return). Hurr hurr.

Update: NUS has unscrewed me.
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Latest posts (which you might not see on this page)

powered by Blogger | WordPress by Newwpthemes