"The happiest place on earth"

Get email updates of new posts:        (Delivered by FeedBurner)

Wednesday, September 15, 2021

Harassing Hispanics for "cultural appropriation"

yes this is MY culture : IDontWorkHereLady

"My family is from Chile and my cousin could be considered light-skinned latino. He went on vacation/work trip to the USA with his group of friends who are also a traditional dance group.

While they were in the USA, they were hired to dance in a few events, during one of these events he realized that the type of soda he likes had run out so he went with his dance outfit on to buy at a nearby store. Now this type of costume is called "huaso elegante", is used to dance "cueca" and is very different from a Mexican "charro", this happened in May a few days before Cinco de Mayo.

C is cousin and DK is dumb karen.


my cousin went o the supermarket grabbed a soda bottle and then i he heard a loud voice.

dk: excuse me were are the..., what the hell do you think you're doing?

he turned around to saw a white woman, wearing sunglasses and clothes that were too small for her many meals ago.

c: uhh?

dk: don't play dumb, who do you think you are to wear that outfit? do you think mexican culture is an ornament? where is the manager of this store? How dare they use Mexican culture to earn money.

C: i'm not sure what...

DK: you are not innocent either, agreeing to do such a disrespectful thing, Give me your name now, I'll report you and this store to corporate.

C: i'm not ...

DK: oh yes you are, you will do it now or you are fired.

at this point the woman's screams dragged a small crowd, while this karen gave a speech on racism, cultural appropriation, mexico and politics.

At this point my cousin was already angry, he needed to get back on stage soon so he just interrupted her and said in his broken English:

C: (Chilean insults) shut up already, I'm not Mexican I'm Chilean, Mexico is not the only country in Latin America you (Chilean insults) ignorant, this is MY culture and if you (more Chilean insults) are so racist That you can't difference one Latino culture from another is not my problem, now get out of my way, i need to pay for my drink because I don't work here. And if you want to stop being so ignorant, go to that cultural center and pay to see our culture, which is where I do work.

then he left with even more Chilean insults.

One would think that the part about not working here and talking about the cultural center would put some sense into her head but no, she decided to double down on her stupidity.

my cousin paid the drink but was detained by security at the door because this karen reported that "a man in a Mexican suit had attacked her" and now she demanded that they arrest him, his name and him to be fired from his job.

my cousin was running out of time to get back on stage and security wanted to check the cameras before calling the police to which this woman refused and just wanted my cousin to be arrested.

the problem is that to check the cameras they needed the manager of the store who had gone out to lunch recently.

Fortunately, one of the witnesses was a Peruvian who recognized the characteristic insults of my country and gave testimony.

My cousin received a gift card for the inconvenience and the woman was banned from that supermarket since it was not the first time that she made a whole scene about the clothes of other buyers or politics."

blog comments powered by Disqus
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Latest posts (which you might not see on this page)

powered by Blogger | WordPress by Newwpthemes