"The happiest place on earth"

Get email updates of new posts:        (Delivered by FeedBurner)

Wednesday, July 08, 2009

"Howard Hughes was able to afford the luxury of madness, like a man who not only thinks he is Napoleon but hires an army to prove it." - Ted Morgan

***

On "Was mich nicht umbringt, macht mich stärker":


Day 126: Sweet blessed relief - Bohemia Bunny

"I don’t know how common this sentiment is among cancer survivors, but anyone who dares to say that “cancer is a blessing in disguise” will just get a big fat NO from me. NO. It is in no form a blessing, not even a blessing wearing 10,000 disguises. The diagnosis, the surgery, the chemo, the radiation – all of them SUCK. They don’t make you stronger if you’re not already strong enough to get through them. Sure they show you what you’re made of, but I can think of better ways to test my mettle than to contract a deadly disease – like, say, crocodile wrestling. So, no. I wouldn’t wish cancer on anyone, not my worst enemies, not terrorists, not animal abusers. Cancer is a curse, and that’s all I have to say about it.

Maybe I’ll feel differently after I’ve crossed the 5-year mark and my illness is just a footnote in my autobiography. Maybe I’ll look back and say, “Hey, having cancer changed me in some good ways”. Um, I can think of only a few, very trivial ways: I lost some weight, I got to try out a new hairstyle, and I’m well-versed with hospital terminology. I think I was pretty awesome to start out with, so nothing cancer can do to improve on that. ;D"
blog comments powered by Disqus
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Latest posts (which you might not see on this page)

powered by Blogger | WordPress by Newwpthemes