"The happiest place on earth"

Get email updates of new posts:        (Delivered by FeedBurner)

Sunday, March 18, 2007

"Much of the social history of the Western world over the past three decades has involved replacing what worked with what sounded good." - Thomas Sowell

***

Quotes:

[On someone who accidentally came to the classroom] I thought the guy was gonna go - 'Oh dont worry i'm just from the ISD, carry on'

Bitchy means 'fond of making unpleasant comments about people'. Tactless means 'Lacking or exhibiting a lack of tact; bluntly inconsiderate or indiscreet.' So you're a tactless bitch lah. [Student 2: yeah, that works]

I have this module ***. All he does is tell stories. Talk about how he got a *** wife. He gives the tutorials to us. Basically all the questions you have to google for the answers. It's not in books.

[All together during Open House: PGP sucks... PGP sucks] I think there's a reason we were not chosen to host [the open house]

Do you have a girlfriend? [Student: Err, kind of] [Student 2: What kind of answer is that? Sounds like my boyfriend.] [Student 3: Guy or a girl?]

She looks so pretty now with her tudung. [Student 2: That's obviously not the truth...] [Student 3: We're talking about Siti.]

In my block there was a PRC and an Ang Moh who was having sex... 1 1/2 hours they were screaming, on a bright and sunny day such as this.

[Me: He gets to grope girls during training.] What kind of training is that? [Me: Cheerleading] Oh, right.

[On academic freedom] Critical thinking can land you in jail.

I hate Subway... Too many vegetables... I don't like vegetables. [Student 2: I'll get you {one} without vegetables.] Then it's not worth my money.

I don't know what I did in 2 years in university. I've been deteriorating. All my morals and values have been deteriorating.

[Me on Him Heang Tau Sar Piah: Hehe. It has the good stuff in it... Lard] What kind of lard is it? [Me: How many types of lard are there?]

[Indian student: If you do anything against me I'll call you racist.] You might as well call me misogynistic at the same time.

[On his skills] I don't massage guys. I only massage girls.

[On gender stereotypes] What are these qualities? If you say them it doesn't mean you need to feel them. If you say 'women are weak' it doesn't mean you are a bastard. At the same time it doesn't mean you're a bastard if you think that.

Man is about musculature. Woman is about fat. Though I'm probably a good example of how that's not true.

For women, justice is about empathy... It cannot be abstracted... It has to be about feelings, it has to be about connectedness.

Singapore, in the complete absence of community, talks about the fabric of the nation, which is a fabrication, if you like.

Victorian... Huge machines emerging out of the male imagination to control women who are out of control... Gynaecology is a male science... Why are gynaecologists all male? There's a crude answer to that.

To build rockets, and say: 'My rocket is bigger than your rocket'. It's a reflection of male conceit.

Men become politicians. Men such as Margaret Thatcher... She has disembowelled her womanliness.

Not everyone wants this. There are - nobody uses this word - there are conservative feminists... They shouldn't compete in a man's world, because it is wrong.

AWARE, a group of midle class women in Singapore... The values, err, forged and operationalized over lunch - ladies who do lunch - advanced into the heartlands... Why're these rich women, tai tais... Many of whom haven't worked before, expecting other women to believe that way?

[On Radical Amazonian Feminists] They don't want to live by men's rules... Reconstruct the world... So the solution is? [Me: Revolution]
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Latest posts (which you might not see on this page)

powered by Blogger | WordPress by Newwpthemes