"The happiest place on earth"

Get email updates of new posts:        (Delivered by FeedBurner)

Sunday, January 28, 2007



On Screwed Up Girl's recommendation, I went to Donut Factory today. I'd expected to wait for 2.5 - 3 hours, but I was done in 1 hr 50 mins. The guy in front of me only bought 6, which was a waste of the queuing time. I got 12: 6 glazed, 2 peanut butter, 1 kaya, 1 blueberry, 1 apple cinammon and 1 hazelnut chocolate, and so far my family's polished off 6.

My brother in law was snapping away despite the no photography sign and got scolded by the staff (it was probably the D-SLR - a normal digicam would not have attracted their wrath). He should move to France, where he'd die since he wouldn't be able to take shots of people without permission. I remarked to him that the worst thing they could do because of his transgression would be to refuse to sell us any donuts - after almost 2 hours of waiting.

Although they were making donuts all the time and they were being snapped up quickly, for some reason they weren't hot or even warm when I tried them, barely 5 minutes after leaving the premises.

Nonetheless, they were good. There's no need to have Krispy Kremes carted back from Hong Kong, Australia or the UK anymore. KKs are a bit too sweet (even for me), whereas these could use a touch more sugar (which means most will find them alright). They're certainly as light as KKs in a comparable condition (ie A fresh warm donut from them would probably be as light as a fresh KK). I'm not sure if these are smaller, but they are less filling then KKs.

I'd be willing to queue for them again, but the next time I should bring a field chair so I can sit while waiting.
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Latest posts (which you might not see on this page)

powered by Blogger | WordPress by Newwpthemes