"The happiest place on earth"

Get email updates of new posts:        (Delivered by FeedBurner)

Tuesday, September 05, 2006

"The only normal people are the ones you don't know very well." - Joe Ancis

***

For one of my modules, you have the possibility of gaining 10% of "extra credit" by handing up tutorial assignments on 5 randomly selected weeks, during the lecture. What a novel incentive.

There was this couple in one of my lectures where the guy kept touching the girl, massaging and squeezing her back and neck, running his hand up and down her back and at one point resting her hand on her far side. People should YouTube this sort of thing.

In Week 3, one of my lectures ended after 55 minutes and we got off 50 minutes early. Wah. I think there's no need to fill lecture time just for the sake of filling lecture time, especially since we got lots of examples already.

When one leaves school at night, besides people running, one can see hall couples coming back from god knows where.

One of my classmates was wearing a cute homoerotic T-shirt: Batman and Robin were kissing and on the bottom left hand corner there was the word "Wow!", in the style of the 60s show.

I don't understand why people rather sit on the LT floor at the back of the LT than on proper seats in the front rows.

***

Quotes:

The mathematics of it, which is meant for the mat'tee students (mathy - maths inclined)

All grapefruit are vampires. Socrates is a grapefruit. So, clearly, Socrates is a vampire.

First week I was nervous. Last week I was ok. This week I'm ok again. It's like the judges from Singapore Idolare sitting in that row over there.

[On giving time to copy notes] I would tell you some jokes in the meantime, but I think I ran out of all my jokes

When you do computer work, you do not treat the computer as [a] person. You treat the computer as a machine... all raise (always)

[On a scatter plot] There are 1534 dots. If you're not sure, please count.

gr'air'f (graph)

[On Eviews] If you have a difficulty, come back to me. I may or may not solve your problem, but I wish I could.

[On errors with solutions] I just got this... I forgot to get the answer from the lecturer. I had to solve it during lunchtime.

[On buying a textbook] If you are really serious about investment, you [will] buy one and you [will] keep it. But for this module the lecture notes are enough.

A triangle has 4 sides. Is this true or false? Don't tell me false. Don't give me topology... Any mathematicians here? [Student: No] Good. Otherwise it becomes a maths problem.

[On running overtime] The last time I was teaching this class, the Head of Department's class was next. He came up and stared at me through the glass door. I stared back. 'This is my class'... No one told me.

Where's ***? I have to ignore some sections to make room for your dad. Tell him he has to be more interesting than differentiation and linear programming.

'All day he shivers at the thought of the bugs which will inevitably appear to jolt its smooth consummation'. That is a very... weird statement.

[On Quality = Performance / Expectations] It's difficult to put numbers on these things, but managers are magicians... That is a managerial art.

[Student on bridge weighing: How will you weigh it?] How do you weigh things? I will use your mother's weighing scale. Bring it to class.

Tee bert? Holiday in Tibet?... Yah yah. When he was in Engineering he was also a bit unuusal... Don't tell these things to him. You can tell him this after the talk. (Tibet)

[On 'CFM'] The original English term was 'come heater' (hither)
blog comments powered by Disqus
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Latest posts (which you might not see on this page)

powered by Blogger | WordPress by Newwpthemes