"The happiest place on earth"

Get email updates of new posts:        (Delivered by FeedBurner)

Friday, August 05, 2005

"Why does the Air Force need expensive new bombers? Have the people we've been bombing over the years been complaining?" - George Wallace

Random Playlist Song: Return of the Jedi - Leia's News / Light of the Force

***

Hair 4 Hope (Head Shaving Day) - "On 20 August, volunteers and members of the public will come together to shave their heads to pledge support for children with cancer. Besides shaving, volunteers can also choose to donate a ponytail."
YOU'LL NEVER TAKE MY LOCKS FROM ME!!!

***

I was trying to debug my sister's fruit machine, for it suddenly went bonkers and refused to connect to my wireless network or even my router via an ethernet cable, but the dumbed down interface frustrated my attempts.

Neither the Internet connect window nor the Airport drop down menu had any information on IP, gateway or connection status. It dumbly claimed that I was on the wireless network, but I couldn't connect to any websites. Meanwhile, when I plugged in the ethernet cable, there was no indication that a successful LAN connection had been made.

Contrast this, on the other hand, with the very helpful Windows interface, which presents all this information at your fingertips so you know when your connection is screwed.

And for those who will crow that I should've accessed System Preferences: yes, that's what I did in the end, finally finding where Apple had hidden all this important information so as not to scare their users. I might encounter problems with the fruit machine that can only be solved by hacking using the UNIX command line, but no way am I going there.

I'm so happy I'm not using a Mac.
blog comments powered by Disqus
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Latest posts (which you might not see on this page)

powered by Blogger | WordPress by Newwpthemes