"The happiest place on earth"

Get email updates of new posts:        (Delivered by FeedBurner)

Sunday, October 12, 2003

Straw Poll:

My sister claims that "ar-tic":

"its wrong lah.
duno what stupid dictionary you use.
its one of the most common singapore mistakes. like 'tew-tion'

also no one will understand u outside sgp if you say that. possibly only malay-sia, where they have v. similar mispronounciations"

But then this is the same person who claims "stoo-dent" is wrong and only "styudent" is correct, and that "mo-damn" (modem) is wrong and only "mo-derm" is right.

OTOH, my source says that: "ooh
semantic matter
the supreme authority on the topic (the OED)
claims that both ar-tic and arktic are both acceptable"


My brother in law recently very kindly lent me his MP3 player, a Frontier Labs Nex IIe. It's light and easy to upload files into. The earphones take some getting used to, as they clip onto the ears, but they offer vibrant sound which brings out the immediacy of some pieces. Earphones also make stereo effects more noticeable. I'm not an audiophile though, so I don't know how they truly compare. Pity it only came with a 128MB CF card (though I can use the one for my camera for this too), so I get sick of the songs quickly.

I bet he's lost the manual, though, so I might not discover some functions.


Seen today:

A woman driving a man. How rare

A 7-11 where one can top up cashcards. Except that you must use cash, and there's a 50 cents surcharge, which is very dumb.

Also, Tung Lok seems to be one of the few restaurants which has resisted the temptation to hire PRCs for its staff.
blog comments powered by Disqus
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Latest posts (which you might not see on this page)

powered by Blogger | WordPress by Newwpthemes