"The happiest place on earth"

Get email updates of new posts:        (Delivered by FeedBurner)

Wednesday, April 17, 2002

My, so many medical people. "Primum non nocere"

Personally, I never saw the benefit in prolonging suffering(ie. life), but I guess I'd feel differently if I was suffering from Asperger Syndrome, lissencephaly or Wegener's granulomatosis.

I got most of those names from loyally subscribing to Reader's Digest over the last 15 years:) Only kidding. Here - pick a nice one for yourself or your next of kin at http://www.hon.ch/HONselect/RareDiseaseAB.html

Come to think of it, I already might have Asperger Syndrome....:

"A childhood disorder predominately affecting boys and similar to autism (AUTISTIC DISORDER). It is characterized by severe, sustained, clinically significant impairment of social interaction, and restricted repetitive and stereotyped patterns of behavior. In contrast to autism, there are no clinically significant delays in language or cognitive development."

Ah well. Today, as part of a staff stress relief programme to enhance productivity, the manager at my branch herded us all into the vault where we spent 20 minutes rolling around in wads of cash, throwing notes at one another, and fanning ourselves with huge bundles of hundreds. Reminded me of all those viewings of Scrooge McDuck in Duck Tales when I was younger.

(If you actually believed that, then I've achieved my stress reduction exercise for the day:)

It gets very lonely and despondent attending to mothers opening 200k trust accounts for their two-year-old toddlers.
blog comments powered by Disqus
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Latest posts (which you might not see on this page)

powered by Blogger | WordPress by Newwpthemes