"The happiest place on earth"

Get email updates of new posts:        (Delivered by FeedBurner)

Wednesday, May 12, 2021

A Big Pile of Bak Chor Mee

A Big Pile of Bak Chor Mee by Tse Hao Guang

I will arise and go now, and eat my bak chor mee,
And a big chili crab meal, all served with extra buns:
Nine chwee kuehs will I have there, with space for my bubble tea;
And live alone on my ghee-soaked naan.

And I’ll slurp xiao long bao there, its zhup comes dripping slow,
Dripping from the folds of the dumpling to where my gullet gapes;
There otak dares to travel, and laksa loves to flow,
And ayam penyet cannot escape.

I will arise and go now, for I am sibei suay,
I hear old hawkers shouting their orders at my door;
While I stare at this chow mein, this fortune cookie tray,
I hear them in the fresh bak chor.

blog comments powered by Disqus
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Latest posts (which you might not see on this page)

powered by Blogger | WordPress by Newwpthemes