"The happiest place on earth"

Get email updates of new posts:        (Delivered by FeedBurner)

Monday, February 05, 2007

I made some pork and red wine stew (adapted from Beef and Red-Wine Stew). Unfortunately I put too much wine. As usual.

MFTTW once claimed "There's no such thing as too much wine" (she now claims she never said that - she meant for drinking, not cooking, so maybe she was drunk when she told me that in the context of my first stew containing wine), but I think that besides the prohibitive cost of wine here, the flavour of the wine was too strong (ie Unsubtle) and it was a little sour when combined with the tomatoes. It didn't help that I forgot to put in any chicken stock, and had to substitute with chicken powder.

I also boiled it down too much. As usual.

The perils of not following recipes when your agaration skills are off (I remember my first carbonara, ugh).


Someone: is tat where u channel ur sexual energy to?
cooking?
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Latest posts (which you might not see on this page)

powered by Blogger | WordPress by Newwpthemes