"The happiest place on earth"

Get email updates of new posts:        (Delivered by FeedBurner)

Friday, March 05, 2004

Word of the Day: "blancmange"

Petals Around the Rose

This is the sort of thing my JC class liked to play. I was terrible at this sort of game and only got the pattern once.

People used to be driven crazy searching for the pattern. I, on the other hand, learnt how to ignore this sort of stupid games :)

When I was outfield last year, some people started playing this kind of games. I promptly went to a side and lay down.

And now I shall now break the covenant of the petal (ie give the solution). Muahaha!

"u see right
like lets say, i have a 5 (on the dice)
there's 4 dots at the corner, and 1 in the centre. so how many petals around the rose? 4! :P
if there's a 3 dice, then how many petals : 2! :P
so u simply add up all the 'petals' and u get the answer. :P

if u have

2 5 1 1 3 u get 6 petals la."

In my words: The "rose" is actually the dot in the centre of the die when you roll a "1", "3" or "5". The "petals", then, are the dots surrounding the centre dot. Ergo, a "1" has 0 petals, a "3" has 2 petals and a "5" has 4 petals. The number of petals around the rose is therefore the sum of the "petals" on all the dice.

Alternatively: "my solution is the mathematical expression of your solution
odd numbers are those with 'petals' except for 1 which has none
and i subtract the number of odd numbers to 'get rid' of the middle of the 'rose'"



Was checking a search referral and I found that the Sar-vivor rap is finally online.

Original: The Blinking Bastardos, lyrics
Remix (?): http://www.sfcave.com/sars/, lyrics

Confusingly, the page hosting the remix displays the lyrics of the original. Do not be deceived, for the remix doesn't have the golden line: "SARS is the virus that I just want to minus" or the hordes of people dancing and screaming in the background!


Reservations Of An Airline Agent

80s Cartoons reviews - Centurions, Bravestarr

I was reading Island of the Undead (FF #51) when I found out that the page with paragraph 58 has been ripped out. Argh! Gah! Nooo! Sacrilege! !@#$%^&*()
blog comments powered by Disqus
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Latest posts (which you might not see on this page)

powered by Blogger | WordPress by Newwpthemes