"The happiest place on earth"

Get email updates of new posts:        (Delivered by FeedBurner)

Sunday, March 28, 2004

I wish I had a coat of silk, the color of the sky.
I wish I had a lady fair, and then a butterfly
I wish I had a house of stone that looked down on the sea
But most of all I wish that I was someone else but me.


Loyalty & the Integrated Programme

"To all you 47 girls who chose to leave the school in favour of Raffles Girls' and National Junior College, I say, "fuck you".

What you have done is disloyalty at its height. You have no confidence that your own school, together with the teachers who have given you everything they could humanly give for the past two years, can guide you for another 4 years to a successful 'A' Level certificate? Or maybe you are just the kind of classic Singaporean scumbags with the "I'll go to it because it has a bigger name that Nanyang" breed. You should be ashamed of yourselves. If I were you I would not dare to step into the General Office of NYGH asking for the documents proving you have attended the school or asking the teachers to write testimonials for you so-called brilliant academic performance.

In fact, the 47 of you can go to Raffles or NJ. The fact that you've even considered opting out of NYGH makes you unworthy to set foot in the school premesis. NYGH has no use for people like you, and neither does society. You think of yourself before your school and the people who care about you, and for that alone, you will never ever climb high socially. If you ever do get jobs, and I'm sure you will, seeing as you are so 'brilliant', remember who it was that gave you the foundation to be where you are, and whether you have repaid the debt you now owe the school. By leaving, you are as good as biting the hand that feeds you.

What matters to me is your character, and by choosing to leave a school and staff who have given you everything, you are as bad as anyone in Hell in my book, and, frankly, I hope you don't succeed in your endeavors. You can go ahead and fail your next four years, it will be a small payment for the injustice you have done your school."

I thought only ACS inspired this kind of parochial, wrong-headed "loyalty".
blog comments powered by Disqus
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Latest posts (which you might not see on this page)

powered by Blogger | WordPress by Newwpthemes