"The happiest place on earth"

Get email updates of new posts:        (Delivered by FeedBurner)

Sunday, February 16, 2003

I left my computer on overnight to let Spinrite work its magic on one of my hard disks, and put a Channel NewsAsia Post-it note on the main power switch reminding my mother not to turn it off, and she did so anyway. I hope no damage was done. Maybe I should plaster notes all over the room next time. After so long, she still can't get it into her head that whenever I leave it on, it's on for a purpose.

On a larger scale, it's just part of her compulsive obsessive disorder, which also involves her turning off all heaters when she sees them (even if they've only been on for 2 minutes), and yelling that the water is boiling when it's not even tepid, opening all doors when there's a reason why they are shut, and then securing them open with bicycle hooks or reused underwear bands and sweeping/mopping floors 5 times a day, locking the main door with 2 separate locks and many more which my sister could probably expound on at length much more fluently than I could.
blog comments powered by Disqus
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Latest posts (which you might not see on this page)

powered by Blogger | WordPress by Newwpthemes