"The happiest place on earth"

Get email updates of new posts:        (Delivered by FeedBurner)

Sunday, October 13, 2002

I am wroth. My singlets keep being spirited away by the goblins.

And my parents place an inordinate focus on reading the Straits Times. They like to make references to some events, then when I inquire they refuse to elucidate, and my mother utters her favourite refrain: "Never read newspaper".

Not that, out of camp, I'd want to read about how many people got disemboweled, who was carnally violated, who was knocked down by a bulldozer, the identity of the latest girl to get defenestrated, or how many people fell for the latest 'magic stone' scam. Not that I would in camp, but I've fewer things to do then, so.


Ooo, Dictionary.com has an excellent FAQ.

"Q. A misogynist hates women. What do you call a person who hates men?
A. A misandrist.

The word misandrist comes from Greek, mis-, a prefix meaning "hate" + andr-, "man" + -ist."

The answer to the eternal question. But - Damn. I should have guessed, deducing the answer from "polyandry" and "polygyny".

And of course:
Q. What does "floccinaucinihilipilification" mean?
A. It means "the estimation of something as worthless."

Which leads me to wonder why "sesquipedalian" is such a long word.

In addition:
What is the plural of "Virus"?

There was also a link to a page with the world's longest run-on sentence. Since the page is no longer available, I will take the liberty of linking to the Internet Wayback Machine's version of it.

The Amazing Run-On Sentence Page

In fact, many of the pages linked from the FAQ aren't around any more. Oh well.


How Girls Waste Time

12. a) Compulsive email forwarding syndrome, especially "cute", "sweet" or "meaningful" ones, where the probability of forwarding rises with the size of the attachments
blog comments powered by Disqus
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Latest posts (which you might not see on this page)

powered by Blogger | WordPress by Newwpthemes