"The happiest place on earth"

Get email updates of new posts:        (Delivered by FeedBurner)

Wednesday, August 28, 2002

(shocking revelation happened today. Ask me.)

Anyway, during choir today (All- 4- hours of it.. actually excluding breaks it was just 3 plus hours, which was okay, and there was a 1-hr break where i went with edgar to fetch his car) i suddenly felt this awfully strong longing for king albert park. Yes, KAP. It just struck me as I was sitting there in the middle of a Magnificat- that - there was nowhere else i'd like so much to be as KAP. The food wasn't even an issue (!!!) just sitting inside there in mac's. I miss that.

It just struck me... .like a realization... a metaphorical thor's hammer or something... just appeared, so clear, and it wouldn't go away. And all i could think of was how happy i would be if i could be in KAP at that moment. Didn't even think about who i would be with, or what i would be doing... just.... being there.

And thing is, i didn't even go there as much as some other people. I must have been through orchard mrt or holland village many more times than KAP... (maybe not... i remember my mum bringing me there since it opened, the first restaurant in singapore with drive-thru!) yet it was like a siren calling - irresistable - and yearning.

Puts this into mind:

"For oft, when on my couch I lie
In vacant or in pensive mood,
They flash upon that inward eye
Which is the bliss of solitude;
And then my heart with pleasure fills,
And dances with the daffodils. "

It's gone, now.
blog comments powered by Disqus
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Latest posts (which you might not see on this page)

powered by Blogger | WordPress by Newwpthemes