"The happiest place on earth"

Get email updates of new posts:        (Delivered by FeedBurner)

Saturday, August 10, 2002

Having come back not long ago smelling of rubbish thanks to some adventures in the National Stadium, I wasn't going to post, but I noticed that my dissing on sparky: v 1.0 magnetic has been extended from:

"Balderdash

Balderdash - a monumental waste of some pretty sharp intellect."

to

"[blog - the scourge of the 21st century]

Balderdash

Balderdash - a monumental waste of some pretty sharp intellect. One year old, and still kicking and screaming (and griping, and whingeing). Blog on, baby!

"A generation of cyber-whiners," was the term applied to something else, but I think it's fairly accurate about lots of these personal webpages, blogs and group blogs. Is this the best our generation can come up with? Cyberwhining about the minute details of their days? Who really cares, anyway? And by the way, the poetry still sucks.
I hope the irony that I am writing this on a blog isn't lost on people...or do I have to point it out?

For relief from the inanity of it all, try this for size. The Dartmouth Observer contributors actually have things to say."

Being the owner of this humble abode, I suppose the onerous duty of fumbling some manner of response rests squarely on my weary shoulders.

Well, I'm glad to say that all manner of services are offered, from meaningless and trivial details noted down because the writer had nothing to do either when noting the details down or when typing them out, to trivia on what manner of strange objects can fit in anal cavities, to adolescent angst (relatively tastefully done, and not the sole content of the page). There is also nerdy and geeky material, and pompous social commentary if you're lucky. Indeed, we offer something for the whole family, for people of all genders (males, females, hermaphrodites and neuters), races (human, elf, dwarf, half-ogre, halfling [Ed: Just what are they half of anyway?] and even the odd lizardman) and ages!

Loath as I am to do so, I have to use, in some measure, the most commonly used defence used by those who publish not under commission, but for recreation - "if you don't like it, don't read it". I can just imagine the hordes of rabid, frothing anti-fans collapsing in apoplexy whenever they read each new entry, yet who come again and again for more. And more.

If I don't whine here, where can I whine? :) Not that I whine all the time, or even most of the time.

Someone was intimating that I should post a vehement, vituperative response, or at least a return salvo, but that wouldn't really be in character, nor would it really accomplish anything, so I offer this half-parry.

Oh and I don't recall writing any poetry :)


And now, to bed.
blog comments powered by Disqus
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Latest posts (which you might not see on this page)

powered by Blogger | WordPress by Newwpthemes