"The happiest place on earth"

Get email updates of new posts:        (Delivered by FeedBurner)

Thursday, August 25, 2022

Trans Mania: Men's Comfort vs Women's Safety

Women's Voices on Twitter:

"At a debate over "trans women" at UC Berkeley, a molecular geneticist said: "Women have internalized misogyny to the point where the man's comfort takes precedence over the woman's safety. This is the most insane thing that has happened in my life, that women are a feeling now."
(Excerpted from Trans Women Should Be Legally Treated as Women | UC Berkeley - YouTube)

What this molecular biologist had to say was cogent and powerful (and also relatively short), so I've decided to transcribe her words:

"Trans women should be legally treated as women. Tell me why you're strongly disagree"

"Because I'm a molecular geneticist. 

Being male or being female is a developmental process. You can't go backwards. So you cant change your sex, like you cannot do that. The truth is that currently in California prisons and prisons in other parts of the country, women are getting impregnated, by other "women". Erm, there's just no way, this is against the UN, I. When, after World War II, there was like a I don't remember what body came up with this, erm, statute, but it was against, I believe it was the Hague, you cannot house female prisoners with male prisoners because they get raped. And that's happening today.

You know, I go to the women's, I go to the women's changing room at my gym, and there's a dude there. He's putting on makeup and hoop earrings. This is not something a woman does when she goes to work out. Nor do women beat each other to death. But men do. 

You know, and it's just so sad that women have internalized misogyny to the point where the man's comfort is, takes precedence over the woman's safety. There's a reason why they don't want to be in men prisons, because men beat each other to death. Women don't do that."

*cut*

"Ask you, what, if anything, would cause you to move to the disagree? And is there anything you heard here tonight that would convince you to move one line over? It's okay to say no, I'm just trying to figure this out"

"No, I have figured it out"

"And you're confident?"

"I'm as confident as I am that this is my hand in front of my face instead of yours. There is absolutely, this is, the most insane thing that has ever happened to me in my life, that women are a feeling now"

blog comments powered by Disqus
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Latest posts (which you might not see on this page)

powered by Blogger | WordPress by Newwpthemes