"The happiest place on earth"

Get email updates of new posts:        (Delivered by FeedBurner)

Sunday, November 08, 2009

"It is our responsibilities, not ourselves, that we should take seriously." - Peter Ustinov

***

An interview with PPBI's idol, Celina Lin:



"Q: If you had to liken money to an animal, which would it be and why?

A: A cobra - beautiful, alluring, powerful, but a venomous creature if you mishandle it - pretty much like a woman...

Q: Women are their own worst enemy. Agree?

A: Women can be like characters from a Greek tragedy - their intelligence, strength and cunning can be the source of their undoing. Women can also be overly sensitive, unfairly judgmental and highly critical towards their own kind.

I say this not to break ranks with sisterhood but to create an awareness within us.

For years, I worked seamlessly among testosterone. When I retired, I found myself at tea parties, floundering in seas of sensitive oestrogen with my straight-talking ways, treading on egg-shells and dodging darts till I learnt how to curb my views and socially polite platitudes like everyone else.

A woman must never be seen as direct or outspoken in the midst of other women. She must blend in. But men are excused if they speak their mind.

But no, women are not their own worst enemies. They are men's ultimate mother of all enemies if ever scorned."
blog comments powered by Disqus
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Latest posts (which you might not see on this page)

powered by Blogger | WordPress by Newwpthemes