"The happiest place on earth"

Get email updates of new posts:        (Delivered by FeedBurner)

Wednesday, April 30, 2008

"Behind the phony tinsel of Hollywood lies the real tinsel." - Oscar Levant

***

Quotes:

I think they reasoned that we wont get any action, because we are half crippled, and half insane. [Me: That's why you need to pay for it.] We are also the most poorly paid... Half our monthly salary.

Where is the clitoris? Thanks. [Me: Err.] I know it's the female vagina, but where is it. Nevermind, it's for guys to know.

[Me: Did you just change?] I took off my sweatshirt. Girls can do it quickly.

You name yourself after Gabriel, your boobs will grow bigger

[Me: 'Sit on the sofa and you get a vaginal infection'... Why would there be yeast on the sofa?] Because other girls have yeast and they do things on the sofa.

[On the US elections] Hasn't finished, this election? [Someone else: Hasn't even started yes, please.]

Every Sunday my family dinner will be Long John Silver's and porridge... For the past 8 weeks. Only this Sunday I'm not going back. I miss my fries. I mean, I miss my family.

[Me on a cushion: Do you want to get Hand, Foot and Mouth Disease?] Gabriel, do you know you are a goddamn advertisement for the GEP system.

Are you okay? Don't cry. If you cry I'll cry also. [Me: We go for boob job together lah.] Excuse me, I have ample. All I need is a good pushup.

You want a guy who will go up there and subtly insults her... Mystery says this only works if the woman is really really attractive.

Freeze outs, in which the pickup artist agrees with and redirects the resistance. So I hope the guys are listening properly.

One of the nice things about USP is that we learn about Orientalism. How many here have learnt about Orientalism? *No one raises their hands*

[On the East-West dichotomy] In Indonesia... Walking in the market *some words*. How often do you see that? *Arms wide open* I like you.

Virginity is being lost at 18, and people are getting married at 25 or 26. But everyone's a virgin at marriage... The interesting thing about Indonesia is you can have your virginity magically restored to you before marriage. Loss of virginity is not necessarily a permanent thing.

[Student 3: What time is the bus?]... [Student 2: Take BTC... BTC is fun-ner.] Because if you mss your stop, you'll end up in BTC. You have to stay awake. (more fun)

[Student: Don't you think he looks like ***?] [Me: You think all fat people look the same ah?] She's a fat-ist. Go see her Facebook. Fei Zhai all over the world are going after her.

[Student: He's speaking in Chinese.] I'm drunk. That's why.

One is cinematic discourse. It's so fluffy. It's almost like lit.

I would avoid ecofeminism like the plague... Anything to do with feminism... Defending it would make you a feminist, and attacking it would make you an anti-feminist. [Me: Either way you're screwed.]

This university is good with equipment. In fact too good. My old computer, by old I mean 3 or 4 years old, when I'm getting used to it, they come along and say: 'Here's another one'.

The collected works of Aristotle would fill an entire bookshelf. Same thing with the collected works of Kant... What the Master says - a few pages... No more than 50 pages. We need to interpret.

[On Virtue Ethics] What is a good man? What is a good man's function? Woman too.

[On human Arete] In other words, the best life is that of a philosopher. *laughs from people*... Not too long ago, was at a bookshop... There was a textbook on biology. First year biology textbook. Written by a biologist. What was the title? 'From Cell to Philosopher'... Aristotle didn't say that... For him, the Biologist, being a philosopher is the aim of human development.

[On Virtue Ethics] Is loyalty a virtue? What if I'm loyal to Osama bin Laden? What if, I'm loyal to Hitler?

[On saving the environment though he has a car] Walk instead of - well, I walked upstairs. I did not use the lift.

The classic ring tone: 'Ring ring. Ring ring' mimics a human cry... 'Pick up the phone!'... Someone needs something. [Me: I thought it's because you're pissed off at the noise {or words to that effect}]

[On someone reading in the toilet] What the fuck is she doing in the toilet? [Me: I don't know. USP is full of weird people.] [Student 2: I used to do that a lot too, until I got piles.]

On average people have, my friends all have 9 or 10 credit cards. The credit card companies all say 'Your credit rating is so good. Why don't you use my credit card?'
blog comments powered by Disqus
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Latest posts (which you might not see on this page)

powered by Blogger | WordPress by Newwpthemes