"The happiest place on earth"

Get email updates of new posts:        (Delivered by FeedBurner)

Sunday, November 18, 2007

"Some national parks have long waiting lists for camping reservations. When you have to wait a year to sleep next to a tree, something is wrong." - George Carlin

***

Nice webcomic on religion, pseudo-science and the like from Wei Jie:




Duck: I am offended by the medical community's hijacking of "quack," and "quackery."

Using such elegant words as derogatory terms for non-evidence-based medicine and its practitioners is insulting to innocent ducks everywhere.

For them to so randomly and callously sully my vocabulary by associating it with that nonsense is criminal! Where's the justice?

You can see where I'm coming from, right?

Spam: Brother, don't even get me started!




Patient: The prayers of my family are keeping me alive, doc.

Doctor: Oh? I guess you don't need this medicine then.

*removes drip* Unless, of course, THIS was keeping you alive...

Patient: Grrk! Zmph! Urk! Ugh!




Professor: This is some of the worst science I've ever seen. You had no controls, variables changed between trials, and the measured effect was negligible. No respectable journal will publish this.

Person: Hmmm... You're probably right.

The next morning...

TV Guide Magazine: Tonight on Oprah. Science Proves Telepathy! ESP = MC2
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Latest posts (which you might not see on this page)

powered by Blogger | WordPress by Newwpthemes