"The happiest place on earth"

Get email updates of new posts:        (Delivered by FeedBurner)

Friday, March 30, 2007

"You can find things in the traditional religions which are very benign and decent and wonderful and so on, but I mean, the Bible is probably the most genocidal book in the literary canon. The God of the Bible - not only did He order His chosen people to carry out literal genocide - I mean, wipe out every Amalekite to the last man, woman, child, and, you know, donkey and so on, because hundreds of years ago they got in your way when you were trying to cross the desert - not only did He do things like that, but, after all, the God of the Bible was ready to destroy every living creature on earth because some humans irritated Him. That's the story of Noah. I mean, that's beyond genocide - you don't know how to describe this creature. Somebody offended Him, and He was going to destroy every living being on earth? And then He was talked into allowing two of each species to stay alive - that's supposed to be gentle and wonderful." --- Noam Chomsky

We must condemn the committing of atrocities, lynching and hate-mongering

***

methegirl3: China is driving me nuts.

"This place is crazy. Sure, there're the occasional perks like eating sticks of pineapples that miraculously appears out of the blue on the streets. And then there's the cheap everything as well, whatever.

But cheap isn't necessarily good, as I have just found out. I have grown out of the "best buy must buy!" phase. I am now going for quality thanks to the lessons China gave.

Our house is falling apart, seriously. The sink is forever clogged. My roommate unclogs it by pouring chemicals. I unclog it by using a new plunger. Then the toilet is clogged. Then the toilet cover is broken. Then the washing machine is broken. Then the windows in the apartment does not shut so dirt and cold air comes in.

I would not live here again unless I have to. I will be so glad to get out of China when I do. I'm not having fun dealing with stuff that are of such poor quality!"


someone:

6.
OFFER: cat scarer

Posted by: "***" ***@*** ***

Fri Mar 23, 2007 6:38 pm (PST)

I have a cat scarer going spare. It picks up on body heat and emits a high pitched sound (theoretically inaudible to human ears, but that depends on your hearing) in response to warm objects like cats - very effective.

***

Cock's travelogue:

1- I've managed to lose my hat this trip so far, which I'd only owned for a year. So long, hat!

5- Last evenıng, about 5 mınutes after the traın pulled out of Thessalonıkı statıon, I managed to make the whole traın stop. How? Well, my cabın compartment was pıtch dark, and I was tryıng to feel for a lıght swıtch. I felt thıs handle and pulled ıt. Instead of the lıghts comıng on there was thıs loud whıstle sound. Apparently I had pulled the handle for the emergency whıstle stop. Oops. Fortunately apart from a not-too-amused traın conductor there were no other repercussıons from the ıncıdent.
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Latest posts (which you might not see on this page)

powered by Blogger | WordPress by Newwpthemes