"The happiest place on earth"

Get email updates of new posts:        (Delivered by FeedBurner)

Monday, January 26, 2004

Flustered, somewhat. Found out only a handful of cinemas in singapore still show Lord of the rings 3 (RoTK) and none show The Company anymore. I want to watch the odd couple before it ends its run (rather, before i leave singapore); i want to attend the jitterbugs jazz dance classes though they're far away (millenia walk is far away by my standards). Should I show my face at the melbourne uni pre-departure seminar? (I know i asked myself the same question last year)

But what is important to me? are these all worthwhile? (considering the costs, especially)

Australia (and the 1.31 exchange rate ) is looming nearer. Yikes!

Went running yesterday. Haven't gone seriously running since.... early december. Really enjoyed it.... something about pushing yourself beyond where you last went. Okay, so 2.4km is kinda wimpish to a lot of you, but that's probably 2km more than i've run for the last month or so. Same goes for weights training - if you're (like lazy me) stuck on the same weight dumbells/barbells for over a couple of months there's something wrong; you should be progressing to a heavier set/more reps by then. Going beyond the routine, progressing, stretching yourself - that is The way of achieving big goals and visions. Also refer to this. Despite intellectualizing and rationalizing everything, the only way you know you can break the time record for a run, or prove that you are able to lift a heavier set, is to actually do it. Same goes for everything - your spiritual life included.

And that's .... why I'm here in this time and place, i guess. The andrew who left melbourne on 22 november 2003 is not the same andrew who landed in singapore on the same day; likewise the andrew who wound back in the singapore airport on 5 january is not the same andrew who will be departing the same airport in 19 days' time. Everything must progress and go on .... like a friend said, I do have the choice; I always have the choice open to me ... and this path is the one i've chosen. I know what is ahead of me is virgin territory; I don't have to like what I see ahead of me; all I have to know is that the Master is in front of me preparing the ground. I don't have to like the fact that I will have to traverse many parts of this road alone, but I know one Person who will always be my side. Andrew, quit comparing your road to others' !

That's all I have to say for now.
blog comments powered by Disqus
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Latest posts (which you might not see on this page)

powered by Blogger | WordPress by Newwpthemes