"The happiest place on earth"

Get email updates of new posts:        (Delivered by FeedBurner)

Sunday, May 25, 2003

Somehow, I haven't and don't feel like saying much, so this fortnightly post will be shorter than a usual weekly post.

I spent a whole week in camp without booking out. Not since SMM have I gone for so long without a bookout, yet oddly, I didn't feel anxious. NS must be getting to me.

I passed my Unarmed Combat G1 grading! My experience can be summed up by Shawn's quote Summing up the tragic tale of my mock grading:

'"Ian: "You won't believe what I'm looking at now. Gabriel Seah doing contact sparring."
Me: "Hahaha. Is he showing aggression?"
Ian: "Haha he just got thrashed by the other guy it was quite tragic."'

The heat these days is oppressive.

Nowadays we are -supposed- to wake at 5:45am. Assuming we come back from breakfast at 6:15am, and roll call is at 7:30am, are we supposed to spend 1 hour doing area cleaning? I think most have thought on this and come to a conclusion - which is why no one wakes up at 5:45am anymore.

Both sides of Boon Wei's glasses fell off, so he began wearing them like Morpheus does. Heh. I wonder how the latter gets them to stay on! Maybe that's why, once he gets them on, he never takes them off.

I saw 2 people who tattooed their IC numbers (and the barcode for the IC numbers) onto themselves - one onto his arm, and another onto the back of his neck. Weird. Maybe the Nameless One should have done that!

I sent a patient to Tengah, and he told me: "Medic, can you accompany me? I'm scared... I don't know what they'll do to me". I was befuddled. It's only reporting sick! Though he *did* get an injection and admitted to the sickbay.

All our food comes from one cookhouse now. The 42 people are happy, since 46 cooks better food than 42. The ATC people aren't. Aww. Oh well, so much for their experiments. I miss their experimental cooking - it's nice to get Roti Prata for breakfast on a Sunday!


Life imitating 'art': Dane acquitted in goldfish blender case - I believe the Flash of the goldfish in a blender was around many years ago


Quotes:

So do you choose the red pill, or the blue pill? [Brandishes 2 pills which are half red and half blue]

[On a fundamentalist] He's living in the Matrix

Armuor HQ (Armour)

He maintain a constant speed, constant acceleration (no)

[On a survey] 'I feel appreciated by my employer.' No.

[On a survey] 'I feel appreciated by society.' Do we get money from the Courage Fund? No.

[Someone from NJC: You actually went for your school prom?] Unlike your school, my school does not hold its prom in the school hall.

[On my scribbling] What did you write? Is it bad? It can't be anything good.
blog comments powered by Disqus
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Latest posts (which you might not see on this page)

powered by Blogger | WordPress by Newwpthemes