"The happiest place on earth"

Get email updates of new posts:        (Delivered by FeedBurner)

Saturday, April 26, 2003

Yay.

I got my toys today, from the shop that Nigel recommended me.

Canon Powershot A70 - $509 (w/o GST) [Advertised price - $599]
Canon Powershot A70 with 128MB CompactFlash card and soft black case - $649 (w GST) [Apparently a 128MB CF card costs only $70, so I got cheated. Grr. No wonder I'm told people don't like ABNN shops. "never deal with *******. bloody cheats" - censored in the interests of "racial harmony", though if a statement is true, it should be allowed to be proclaimed far and wide: eg Chinese have beige skin]

4 x rechargeable AA batteries with charger - $38 (I was told this wasn't a good price, but I figured the trouble of getting them elsewhere outweighed the price overhead)

Benq External CDRW Drive - $198 (w/o GST)

Sum: $892. I feel poor. I tried to bargain and indeed showed more spunk than normally, but they were insistent. I must concede that their basic prices *are* good. They were also selling CDRs at 10 for $10, but apparently that's not cheap, so.

Unfortunately, the CDRW drive and the Motorola Surfboard modem don't seem to get along well. Oh well, CD burning is best done without any interruptions anyway. I'd lend the drive out freely, but it seems everyone and their dog already has one!

I thought I would be the only one using an external drive, but I found out that Christie uses one too. Haha.

Incidentally, I hear Iomega CDRW drives suck. They're expensive and are very likely to turn out coasters.

Both the things interface vis USB, so now I'm short of 2 USB slots!


11:02PM

Gah. Try as I might, I cannot get the wretched camera to connect to my computer. It won't even be recognised! :(

I guess I'll try again when I next book out.
blog comments powered by Disqus
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Latest posts (which you might not see on this page)

powered by Blogger | WordPress by Newwpthemes