"The happiest place on earth"

Get email updates of new posts:        (Delivered by FeedBurner)

Tuesday, December 17, 2002

Word of the day: "efffluvial"

Which is exactly what I'm capturing here, out of whimsy

a) Listening to old Red Hot Chilli Pepper tracks with the volume turned to max while driving home is a remarkable way of keeping distracted and depression at bay. (Ooh! A near-perfect zeugma! *sigh of nerdy linguistic satisfaction*)

b) Jars of Clay has a remarkably nice cover of Little Drummer Boy. Christian rock meets Christmas carol - well, it's a natural fit.

c) Caramel frappucinos are addictive.

d) I have a sliding door in the shower stall of my bathroom at home now. I find myself oddly distressed, even though it's a lot less messier than the old curtain arrangement. I fear change.

e) Idiot colleague snuck up behind me while I threaded my way through the dark wasteland of the unpaved, open air parking lot where my car was, and poked a finger in my ribs. I am proud to say that I did not squeal like a pig, making instead a manly utterance of belligerence and norepinephrine-inspired "fight or flight" response.

f) "In courtship, one pretends to be something else until your partner loves you for who you truly are."

g) America's recent hang-up on segregation and the chance comments of a Senator greatly amuses me

h) Quasi-commercial papers (ie, low-rate bonds with a put option to sell convertibles back to the issuer at original market price) are fascinating!

i) Looking forward immensely to watching The Two Towers tomorrow. Refreshed my Tolkien spirit by idly surfing the web for long and involved debates on what Ents should look like. Threading through the fan discussion on the issue is a morass as deadly as the issue of whether a Balrog can fly.

j) One of my PC's RAM modules has given up the ghost. Am back down to 256MB of RAM now. While I could afford another stick of SD-RAM, given that a proper upgrade to a DDR RAM platform is inevitable (once I clear off my mounting credit card bills), I can't make myself fork out the money for a temporary solution. But it feels unnatural to be downgrading in capacity.
blog comments powered by Disqus
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Latest posts (which you might not see on this page)

powered by Blogger | WordPress by Newwpthemes