"The happiest place on earth"

Get email updates of new posts:        (Delivered by FeedBurner)

Monday, July 01, 2002

I wanted to upgrade my computer to WinXP with the CD that Tim burnt for me, but my sister came along after I'd barely started the Upgrade Advisor and demanded to use the computer, and she was using it till 1:46AM (I know the time because I checked the IE cache), by which time I'd fallen asleep.

I got my digital thermometer just now. Yes, we have to get our own for our work (I forgot to note this down in my last bookout post. Duly amended, in addition to something about dogs). Disgusting, isn't it? The one I got, from Bukit Timah Plaza Pharmacy, cost $29.80. Ouch. Apparently they're $15-17, so maybe I got cheated, but time is more valuable than money, especially bookout time, so I just forked out that hefty sum.

Maybe 1 1/2 of the 3 boxes (small cartons, in fact) of Flake that my sister bought in a fit of madness for me on the way back from one of her last holidays, to Malta, if I remember correctly, are still languishing in the fridge. And that's after she's given one box away. Oh well, she was really too enthusiastic.

My brother in law got 16 1L packets of Cyprina Grapefruit juice at Bukit Timah Plaza just now. Besides the fact that Grapefruit juice is disgusting in and of itself, the packets now come with Halal stickers! Ugh. I'm rather sickened and disgusted by the thought that anyone thought animal products might be put into fruit juice, and anyway nothing in the world is Halal due to the water cycle and the water table, so while waiting for my brother in law to drive the car over, I wrote "Haram" on as many packets I could find, excepting the sole pre-existing Haram packet (the one which didn't have one of the silly stickers). That said, Halal grapefruit juice can't beat Halal Ice (Tuck Lee Iceworks).

Had dinner with Tim The Great just now. I hadn't seen him since last year - over the Hari Raya weekend when I booked out!

He taught me how to program dotted notes in Nokia Composer. Ugh, I swear it's not in the manual (as is a lot of other stuff). He was surprised that I composed by ear, so he showed off his scores. How arrogrant (sic) :)

I finally compiled a playlist of all his songs for him. I wonder if he will bother to maintain it, though. You can view the list here.

4:37AM:

My upgrade attempt failed. Damn. Ah I can sleep during SAF Day.
blog comments powered by Disqus
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Latest posts (which you might not see on this page)

powered by Blogger | WordPress by Newwpthemes