L'origine de Bert

Get email updates of new posts:        (Delivered by FeedBurner)

Wednesday, September 16, 2026

Simu Liu


"Simu Liu shared a link.
Not the best way to wake up ... LOL 3.5 AND they pronounced my name wrong! On a serious note, I think this is a very teachable moment. I've had people question me my entire life. A lot of teachers thought I'd never amount to anything, a lot of producers, directors, writers AND costars have questioned my acting ability, and I've been rejected from countless conservatories, grants, programs, etc. I've been second-guessed at every single possible step of my career. The reason why I'm still standing is because I'm singularly focused, I have the utmost belief in my abilities and I refuse to let the opinions of others define me. In your careers, in your lives, no matter where you go, you will always encounter voices of doubt. Some will come from people who are frighteningly close to you. Are you going to let those voices own you? Define you? Keep you from achieving what you want? That isn't to say you can't have bad days, and that you shouldn't use your support systems and talk about how you feel like I'm doing right now. I've never been called ugly so many times in my entire life! For me, it's never been about trying to shut the voices out - it's a fruitless effort (especially if people happen to be making Youtube videos about it lol). Rather, it's about learning to let the voices exist and be OKAY with it. I'm still doing my thing, and I'm still over the moon happy I get this amazing opportunity. I'm not going a few voices of doubt ruin that for me, and neither should you, in whatever you are pursuing in your life. Bet on yourself. Own your greatness. Take that spotlight. BTW I sincerely hope this Youtube channel will attack topics with a bit more journalistic and creative integrity in the future ... there are a lot of real and valid reasons why audiences find Shang Chi's source material to be controversial and I love the discussion that's taking place. This ... not so much."
"Is The Asian Lead For Marvel "Too Ugly" For Chinese People? [Street Interview] | ASIAN BOSS"
"god i fucking hate him so so much! all blm protesters and troons combined don't cry victims as much as this ugly neanderthal, he could be in every big movie ever, win 10 oscars and nevertheless still claim he's discriminated against because muh beauty standards…"
"it's plain misogyny disguised as homophobia. rn it's a trend in china to pair up super young actors with more mature actresses. in other asian countries you too have pretty boys as the most sucessful singers and actors. there's a huge market catering to what most girls and women want. meanwhile in the us and europe they mock them for looking girly/faggy, mock women who are attracted to men with proper hygiene but in reality they just don't want us to have anything. the only movies genuinely catering to a female audience are teen romance flicks - and everybody everywhere is always making fun of those and shaming the viewers. they know that it's over once they're no longer able to brainwash us into keeping our standards low…"

blog comments powered by Disqus
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Latest posts (which you might not see on this page)

powered by Blogger | WordPress by Newwpthemes