"The happiest place on earth"

Get email updates of new posts:        (Delivered by FeedBurner)

Friday, November 06, 2009

While on Encyclopedia Dramatica I made the mistake of clicking on a link that took me back to the late 90s.

It did this by doing something I didn't think was possible on modern browsers: opening millions of windows at once (luckily I managed to terminate my browser and email client processes in Task Manager).

The URL in question:

http://www.internetisseriousbusiness.on.nimp.org/
(NSFW, do not click unless you want to crash the browser; I'm even leaving out the hyperlink)

I'm using Firefox 3.5.3.

A friend on a 1-2 week-old build of Chrome was not affected. Nor was one on the iPhone.

One on Safari 4.0.3 was not spared, though.

Someone suggested disabling Flash, since it was using Flash to generate the popups. When I did so in IE 7, there was no issue (except for my window jumping about for a few seconds). But then again the person on Chrome had Flash enabled, so.


A: I was also getting some js errors so the page may be trying multiple ways to generate the popups

B: wah shit
it detected a trojan

my AV detected
now my nod32 keeps popping
though the window closed long ago

C: if you want the html just wget the page

i think it uses irc protocol
to do something weird

not sure


Also, thanks to Encyclopedia Dramatica I have FINALLY seen something more disgusting than Breast Rash Larvae.
blog comments powered by Disqus
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Latest posts (which you might not see on this page)

powered by Blogger | WordPress by Newwpthemes