"The happiest place on earth"

Get email updates of new posts:        (Delivered by FeedBurner)

Sunday, September 14, 2008

Japan trip
Day 8 - 13th June - Nara
(Part 3)

On my way to Todaiji temple, I came across a corporate pavilion:




There was a funky machine simulating earthquakes: "The machine reproduces the shakes of The great Hanshin-Awaji Earthquake and The Niigata Chuetsu Earthquake based on data analysis. You can experience those types of quakes and the effectieness of our Seismic Isolation system."


Unfortunately I was too heavy to qualify to test it. I love how: "Persons listed below are kindly requested NOT to try experience... Person considered not suitable"

The man said I could lose weight and the next time I came to Japan, I would be able to try it. Hurr hurr.


Fortunately, I was allowed to use the tea dispenser. Notice how Oolong is offered alongside Green Tea.


"Deer biscuits. Y150. Not for people!!"


Culinary wares. I love how the Deer Biscuits are sold together with them.


Small stream


Kids and deer


Monk. I gave him Y100 because I felt sorry for him: no meat, no garlic, no onions etc. He jiggled his Shakujo, struck me on the shoulders and jingled it around my belly while chanting. I guess that meant my reincarnation status got upgraded from cockroach to woman (notice this is more powerful than turning a prayer wheel)


Todai-ji World Heritage stone


Nandaimon Gate. Rebuilt 1199. As you can see, it's huge.


Roof of gate


You Shall Not Pass


Fashionable pose


Statue behind netting


Other side of gate


Avenue leading in


Plaque and stone pillar


Approach


Todaiji Welfare Fund blurb


Deer


Path to Nigatsu-dō (Hall of the Second Month)


I don't know what these girls found so interesting about the empty pond


Ticketed entrance to Todaiji


Deer jostling for scraps


Antlers


Down on antlers of young deer. It wouldn't stay still and kept knocking my camera.
blog comments powered by Disqus
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Latest posts (which you might not see on this page)

powered by Blogger | WordPress by Newwpthemes