"The happiest place on earth"

Get email updates of new posts:        (Delivered by FeedBurner)

Friday, January 21, 2005

"You can tell a lot about a fellow's character by his way of eating jellybeans." - Ronald Reagan

***



You Have No Soul





To the untrained eye you appear a normal human.
But deep down inside, you are cold and empty.
You are one of the Undead!
You hate the living and seek them out

Break out the holy water and sharpen the stakes!
It's time to go a-huntin'

Souls you are most compatible with: None





***

The OED gives one (and only one) pronunciation for "angst", namely: "air'ngst".

Of course, my sister insists that "ah'ngst" is the one (and only one) correct pronunciation.

So she has once again surpassed herself in proclaiming her linguistic authority.

***

When Cosplay goes wrong:

http://www.geocities.com/kyorycosplay/Moulin7.jpg
http://www.geocities.com/kyorycosplay/ama3cross1.jpg
http://www.dragonsgate.net/photopost/data/506/32IMG0291.jpg
http://img24.photobucket.com/albums/v71/mi...ailorbeard2.jpg
http://img24.photobucket.com/albums/v71/mi...sailorbeard.jpg
http://img24.photobucket.com/albums/v71/mi...ay/manfaye1.jpg
http://img24.photobucket.com/albums/v71/mi...ay/manfaye2.jpg
http://img24.photobucket.com/albums/v71/mi...shnwolfwood.jpg
http://www.fortunecity.com/business/johns/.../naagasword.jpg
http://www.cosplayuniverse.com/cosplay/man.../3/lil_qoh2.jpg

***

One of the most irritating things about LiveJournal is the plethora of LJ clones.

As far as I know, we have had, at various points in time: DeadJournal, uJournal, GreatestJournal, Blurty, Plogs, NeedlessPanic, Aboutmylife, Minilog, JournalFen, Crazy Life, DrivelBox, Got Diary?, MindSay and Tigre Journals.

These, like their step-brother LiveJournal, are bitches to people who don't register (not remembering commenter details, for example), yet add no significant value.

The result is that people are pissed off by all these LJ-wannabe sites, since their friends are likely blogging on more than one of them.

***

solsetur fantasises:

You know I think if I did 'Unmasking Agagooga - Man Behind The Blog' then I'll be pimped by Mr Brown. From the stuff he has posted on mrbrown.com I'm very very sure he has an unhealthy obsession over you. It's cause for suspect muahaha...


Too bad for her; Sheena has already done an expose (of sorts) on me. Aww.

***

More amusing anti-Mac comments:

honestly, i dun see why SWH's comments should cause so much indignant shocks. It's not as if mac users haven't slammed microsoft users before? i am sorely anti-apple because of the sheer overwhelming numbers of times when I've encountered apple snobs. and no, i treat my PC well, and I haven't had any BSoD or viruses etc. they're just machines.. stop worshipping them! Apple comes up with good products. that's it. But Microsoft is not hell and it's not stupid people who buy it. Yes, I was told "aiyoh buy a PC, only stupid people buy PC"... grrrr... snobs. and the best retort so far "yeah i'm a snob.. I can afford to be." fine. whatever.

Isnt it ironic that Apple fans who are supposed to "Think different" all "Talk alike"?

Stupid people buy PC, gay people buy Mac.
There!


Anybody who knows a Mac fan, knows that they are incapable of logical reasoning or price/benefit analysis when it comes to Apple products.

Steve Jobs jolly-well can sell magic stones with healing properties and plenty of Mac fans will tell you how it cured their cancer/piles/AIDS.

The fact is that if Apple is the monopoly Microsoft is, we will still be using Mac LC or something that ancient, and it would still be called insanely great.

The fact that Apple fans make it their mission to irritate/flame/denigrate non-Mac fans is the very simple reason why Apple can never dominate the world.

It boils down to the fact that Apple fans pay a lot for the brand and desperately need affirmation.

***

The Risset Scale - "The Risset Scale blends each tone from this special octave into the next tone, over and over again. This blending, combined with the complex and ambiguous tonal information of each note, creates the illusion of an endlessly rising tone - or of an endlessly descending tone."

Christians issue gay warning on SpongeBob video - "Conservative Christian groups accuse the makers of a video starring SpongeBob SquarePants, Barney and a host of other cartoon characters of promoting homosexuality to children."

***

Apparently there are many unemployed engineers who are going into teaching. I thought engineering was supposed to be a "safe" degree. Ah well.


I tried what was formerly the 2nd worst Chicken Rice in Singapore (if not the world) - the one in the arts canteen, which has a sign proclaiming: "New cook, new taste". Amazingly, it has become, if anything, even worse, such that it can now compete with the worst Chicken Rice in Singapore (if not the world). Gah.

I have finally tried the legendary Bambinos at the Science Canteen. I had spaghetti carbonara, and not only were the spaghetti strands clumped together, the sauce tasted like diluted Cream of Mushroom soup. Which is an improvement, I'm told, on the last time, when it was sugared milk.


Quotes:

[On a network folder] We change it every sem[ester]. So when you graduate - no point trying to hack in.

[On answering the question she posed about the text] I have no idea. That's why I asked the question.

Don't you guys wish you had wheels in your chairs, so you could spin around like me?

Unit 3: Give me the answer to the meaning of life. That'd be great for me

Day'car (Descartes)

[Me: Then he lambastes Descartes] Descartes's been lambasted for centuries. He can take one more lambasting in our class.

Both are just sensual'ry experiences (sensory)

Days'cart (Descartes)

The glare will dis'dress him (distress)

If you so choose to do (choose to do so)

Elascity of demand (elasticity) (written and spoken)

Pluck back into the equation 2 (plug, equation)

The book uses 'c' and 'f'. Very confusing. So I use 'x' and 'y'.

I give you a break after this *stirrings from audience* Yah, you'd like that. (I'll)

[On the break] I give you... just go out, go to the toilet, and come back

[Me on FHM: I last read it when I was a slave]... You mean you all get it for free?

[On the class roster] And now I do attendance. In part I do attendance because that's how I remember all your faces. As you can see, these pictures are not terribly accurate... The hair has become longer in the female population (take)

[Student: My dog loves durians...] It's very nutritious. Orang Utans love it. I don't know why I don't like it.

[On the 9am fieldtrip] Unfortunately I had to move it to 10:30[am]. Not because I couldn't get out of bed. (can't)

The Origin of Species, which he calls an abstract. 500 pages. The longest abstract ever.

[On why the captain needed an unpaid naturalist on the HMS Beagle] This guy basically wants someone to talk to him during this long journey

Gala'pah'goes islands (Galapagos)

He had more of a cloud (clout)

Is it very hot today? Look at my cup of Coca-Cola. How many of you would want it? *almost no one puts up their hands* Come on, play lah.

At every priced (price)

In your normal experience, that's what you experience too (find)

The demand curve for other fractors (factors)

Where I come from, Alberta beef is very very good, but they have Mad Cow Disease now.

Complement goods. When you use one, you use another. Tea and coffee (complementary, the other, milk)

Nowadays I see you guys and girls changing your handphones every 6 months.

Icks and chickens (eggs)

boo'khas (burkhas)

[On Vietnam entering the market] The price of coffee fell tremendously. But when you go to Starbucks, coffee is still four fifty.

I confused you. No wonder you're looking so strange. (puzzled)
blog comments powered by Disqus
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Latest posts (which you might not see on this page)

powered by Blogger | WordPress by Newwpthemes