"The happiest place on earth"

Get email updates of new posts:        (Delivered by FeedBurner)

Saturday, February 01, 2003

Now on my cupboard: Printouts of the demotivational posters for Stupidity, Mistakes, Defeat and Procrastination. Yeh!

I put my Pokka Mango Tea in the freezer and after a while it began to taste of Mutton. Argh.

"Chew Huijun. Ontario, Canada" wrote in to the forum on being retained in JC. Apparently she got lots of notice from this, her second letter. It was rather well written, really.

I wonder why, since the RI days, people have liked to touch my stomach. I asked a few of them and some of them claim that it's for "good luck". Bah. Furthermore, from my observations and enquiries, I've found that other fat people don't get their stomachs fondled as much as mine is - indeed, their tums are not molested at all. I wonder if I should be flattered by the attention. In a semi-related issue, it seems much of my company thinks that I am... cute, especially some clerks and drivers. I am rather incredulous at the attention.

The sadistic SMRT people have outdone themselves! This time they played, "The train at Platform A is not for passenger service. Please do not board it. Thank You" (all said in an insincere voice) 4 times, 3 of them without pause. I wouldn't be surprised to hear of cases of "train rage" sometime soon.


The horror that is Chingay is here! In recent years, it has mutated horribly until most parts of it would be unrecognisable to its original organisers. Supposedly, it's meant to be just a street parade, but some of the items included in it are very odd. I still remember 1998, when the Chingay Parade featured Santa Claus on his float, as well as the Disneyfest team.

Bust enhancement ads, promising increased self-confidence and affection from your spouse, continue to crowd the pages of the Straits Times. I wonder if penile enhancement ads are illegal - I never see any!

There was this really freaky trailer which featured a row of old women (at least in their 50s) prancing about in CHIJ uniforms. AHHHH!

Seen on Ripley's Believe It Or Not:
- A couple which keeps 9 pigs at home. I'd like to keep one pig, but nine?
- A guy who can throw playing cards a distance of 210 feet, and threw one into a watermelon, where it was embedded. So Cool's flying cards in A Conman In Tokyo aren't entirely a flight of fancy!

Amusing news:
- Apparently Tung Chee Hwa was told to play Simcity4 to learn how to manage an economy.


After duty, I went back to RJ to have a look.

Very few J4s were there - I saw Paradox and Christopher Lim and one or two others, but that was about all. There were more J3s of course. The baseball caps some of the guys wore look really daft - it draws more attention to their baldness.

The theory of RJ people still holds true. Especially for Raffles Guys. The yearly trend is not being reversed. I shudder to think of the situation in 10 years time.

My RJ bears, courtesy of Screwed Up Girl, are quite nice. They're slightly different from the prototypes that I saw last year, but overall the reproduction of the uniforms is quite faithful. Even the purple colour, though it's been toned down a little.

Probably to "promote racial harmony", there were Indian and Malay dance items too this year. Intriguing, if irrelevant. The Japanese club made an appearance, of course. They finally have a male member!

Crystal informed me that the ban on Hot Socks has been lifted. Hoorah for Ankle Socks. Everyone must be very happy now (including her). And perhaps taking after Killer, she had a band (friendship band?) on one of her ankles. I *must* get down to finding out what those bands are for.

I saw more tudungs. I don't recall seeing any last year.


Quotes:

[Motivational Poster] Coversation means being able to disagree and still continue with the conversation (?)

[To me on RJ] Your legacy is slowly fading

Larder Suction Unit (Laerdal)

[Me: Isn't your name pronounced 'Evan'?] Yah. [Me: So why does everyone call you 'Ivan'?] Can't be helped

[On Asian Prince] He looks like an Indian. [Someone: I think it's the moustache]

[On the name of the new company] P? Pussy.

Why the hell do you need to go to asianprince.com when you have one sitting right here?

[Safety poster] Safety is everyday. It doesn't have a holiday (???)

[Me: Where's BSO? I haven't seen him for a long time] He's on course. [Me: What course is he on?] Intercourse

Gabriel, you're looking more and more like David Liew everyday

Quotes from Timothy:
You used to irritate only 2 classes of people: Teachers and Tim.

[The] Angklung: Malaysia's answer to the handbell... One whole row of people with Mahathir in the centre.

When the French write music about young girls, it sounds very nice

[On where The Associate went] Maybe he's selling prawn mee

I don't have a very good impression of SCGS girls

I asked you a very long time ago. What can change the nature of... No, I didn't ask you that.

[On an email] Gabriel Seah. No subject. Probably a picture of a horse.

I don't celebrate people's birthdays unless they're in August. I make an exception for my girlfriend.
blog comments powered by Disqus
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Latest posts (which you might not see on this page)

powered by Blogger | WordPress by Newwpthemes