"The happiest place on earth"

Get email updates of new posts:        (Delivered by FeedBurner)

Saturday, September 01, 2001

Hot Socks.

That item of fashion desired by many. Those extremely short socks, so short that they reveal the ankle. They disappear into your shoes, such that you need to observe carefully to see that they are wearing socks in the first place. They often come in odd colours.

My sister used to wear Hot Socks when she was in RJC. She claims that they are comfortable.

In ACJC, just down the road, Hot Socks are a school culture. About a week ago (around Tuesday), I stopped a count that has been on for a few months - a count of how many ACJC girls *do not* wear Hot Socks.

Last Tuesday, I happened to be at Buona Vista MRT station just after one of ACJC's Prelim papers had ended and saw hordes of ACJC people.

Hot Socks seem to be a culture in ACJC. Due to the problems of the length of pants, it was not feasible for me to count the guys who didn't wear Hot Socks (or otherwise).

After an estimated 5 months (I didn't keep track of when I started) of counting, I have tallied the results and the grand total of the number of ACJC girls I've seen *not* wearing Hot Socks is... 35. (Conservatively) Correcting for double counting, the number would be 26. Conservatively estimating that I've seen 1/2 the ACJC population in the length of time since I started counting, I come to the (not so) startling conclusion that in the whole of ACJC, only 50 girls of 800 do not wear Hot Socks.

According to Melvin Tay Poh Huat (whose words must oft be taken with a shaker of salt), Hot Socks are worn by them as they:
"makes their legs look longer, more slender and hotter"

And to think that Hot Socks are banned in Hualalalala JC (aka HCJC) and TJC.
blog comments powered by Disqus
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Latest posts (which you might not see on this page)

powered by Blogger | WordPress by Newwpthemes