"The happiest place on earth"

Get email updates of new posts:        (Delivered by FeedBurner)

Sunday, February 28, 2021

Aruba

So it wasn't just a Singaporean thing.  

From subtle asian traits:

"Hi everyone gather round,

I have another story to tell.

OKAY so when I was 14, I went on a summer exchange program where I would go to GuangZhou/ZhongShan and live with the high school students there. I'd been to China many times before, but I didn't actually hang with locals much or anything, mostly just family trips.
So, my parents thought that it would be a good idea for me to go on this summer exchange program to learn more about Chinese life and culture. I got to live in the same dorms as the high school students there, eat in the cafeteria with them, make friends, etc etc etc.
 
Anyways, one day as we're on a field trip to some park (I forget where we were tbh), they tell me, "hey hey William, let's play Aruba!"
Me: "wtf is Aruba"
My Chinese Friends: "It's a fun game where we all lift you up like a king!"
Me: "o shit okay yeah that sounds fun let's do it"
 
What they ended up doing was ramming my crotch into a tree several times.
 
Apparently it's a common playground game/prank they do in China.
 
And so, I returned to the U.S. with a newfound respect and appreciation for Chinese culture."

blog comments powered by Disqus
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Latest posts (which you might not see on this page)

powered by Blogger | WordPress by Newwpthemes