"The happiest place on earth"

Get email updates of new posts:        (Delivered by FeedBurner)

Saturday, July 15, 2017

Swedish Migration Policy

On migration in Sweden:

"My friend's brother
He went to Sweden with a tourist visa

He worked with a lawyer for a migration case.

He told them that I don't want money from you, I don't want anything, I just want to have a residency with my family because I'm an atheist and it's very gangrenous for us to stay in Baghdad as he was receiving threats

I will open a private business when I will be settled with my family " he has two small daughters "

The answer from the Swedish immigration office was

Rejected: as you are able to open a business so you don't need our help to stay here, we focus on the people who are in a real need.

And the guy told her
My daughters life is in danger and you only thought that as I'm in a good economic level, so I'm not" the migrant " that you target ?"


This fits in with what we know about Swedish migration policy. The scrapped permanent residence for all Syrians policy aside:

The Swedish Government’s overall EU priorities 2017 - Government.se:

"In its EU-related work in 2017, the Government is giving priority to... a solidarity-based refugee and migration policy"

sweden-promoting-labour-market-integration-among-migrant-population.pdf

"Between 2003 and 2012, nearly 20% of permanent migrant inflows into Sweden were made up of humanitarian migrants – the largest share of all OECD countries. Such migrants have more difficulties to integrate in all OECD countries."

Sweden - the OECD's highest per capita recipient of asylum seekers

"When the figures are adjusted on a per capita basis then Sweden takes a clear lead. It received 5,700 asylum seekers for every million residents of the country. This is more than twice as many as any other country in the OECD"
blog comments powered by Disqus
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Latest posts (which you might not see on this page)

powered by Blogger | WordPress by Newwpthemes