"The happiest place on earth"

Get email updates of new posts:        (Delivered by FeedBurner)

Wednesday, February 03, 2010

"The power of hiding ourselves from one another is mercifully given, for men are wild beasts, and would devour one another but for this protection." - Henry Ward Beecher

***

Quotes:

[Student on his weekend: I downloaded music] Ah, tu as... l'activité illégale. Tu as le pirate.

[On going to the Singapore Expo] 'Je suis allée le palais des expositions' [Student: Cos it's so huge] [Student 2: So grand] As you know we use very nice words in French. (au)

Combien de paires de chaussures tu as? [Female student: I cannot count...] La société décadente [Male student: Cinq. Je suis garçon]

Combien de sac est-ce que tu as? [Female student: Dix plus...] [Male student: Une]

[On her weekend] C'est tout? [Student: Non.] Ah. Qu'est-ce que tu as fait? [Student: That's all]

You did lesson 29? [Me: Oui] You finished lesson 29? [Me: Oui] Any questions about lesson 29? [Student: Say yes]

You forgot about it for now. [Student: So it won't be tested...] But a few weeks ago I told you that tests are like women - unpredictable... Take out a piece of paper. For the test.

If you have more than 2 mistakes, je confisque la salade. [Student: *starts eating it*]

I don't care if the guy was bisexual... The guy was cloned.

[On a test submission] 'I like very much the French lady because they are so easy'... What kind of? Are you criticising my country?

[On a test submission] Spanish. 'Interesante!'

[Teacher: Voiture.] I used to be able to pronounce this correctly.

[On 'Mes dernières vacances'] I thought you hated Malaysia. [Me: Precisely. This is why] [Student 2: I wrote the same thing.]

[In French] A. Double P. R. E. N. D. R. E... [In English] Apprendre. [Student: See, isn't that easier?] Are you criticising the teacher, ***? Remember there is a test in a few weeks.

You're early today... [Female Student: Just for you... Like the French... I'm regularly irregular] That's an excellent definition of women. I've never heard a better definition in my life. I will pay you to repeat that.

[Student: Il est sept heures] Deuxième possibilité? [Me: Il est dix-neuf heures] Autres possibilités? [Student: Trick question...] [Female student: Men, always trying to trick] Discrimination.

[Teacher: Il sont assis où?] C'est quelque chose

[Me on 'les seins': I don't know why it's masculin] Because it belongs to men.

[Female student] The French. Very tricky. [Me: And you married one.] I got tricked into marrying one. By the time I found out it was too late.

[On a 10 digit phone number to be transcribed] I only have 0.

Please. 'Qu'est-ce que tu a faire'. No, because... [it] means you are dead. (?)

I'm ***... Not 'girl' [Me: You are the youngest one here] Then call you what, uncle? [Me: How about *** {who is 20 years older than me}?]

[Me: C'est tout?...] You're becoming addicted to my tests.

Madame? [Student: Qui?... It's like calling me 'Auntie'] Auntie, can we start?

[Student on the test: We have to translate?] What do you think you have to do? You give up [on] the test and I do [it] for you?

You are going to be good in bed tomorrow? That's the weather forecast?

[On a wrong expression] You don't know it in French. So you do it in Italian.

[On gender] Africa is a mess. Most likely you don't need to know. You [can] just remember 2 or 3 countries.

[On gender] Mongolia is big. It's one of the biggest countries in Asia. [Student: It's part of China] You say that to the people there. They will come after you.

[On England being feminine but the UK masculine {Great Britain is feminine}] They're not European, and we don't want them to be European. They are American. So you see, it makes sense.

This TV is not working. [Students: Yay.] [Me: On va sortir] [Student: Bonne soirée]

[On a muted video and, perhaps, my ideas] No, she is not a lesbian.
blog comments powered by Disqus
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Latest posts (which you might not see on this page)

powered by Blogger | WordPress by Newwpthemes