"The happiest place on earth"

Get email updates of new posts:        (Delivered by FeedBurner)

Saturday, November 15, 2008

"You do not lament the loss of hair of one who has been beheaded." - Joseph Stalin

***

LDPVTP: btw, does my latest personal blog entry sound whacko

Me: no different from your usual ones
ie yes


MFTTW: hurrr hurrr

you're the 60-year old 25-year old.

what prospect is there for the rest of your life if you are so world-weary before even entering the workforce :P

Me: go do phd lor

MFTTW: HAHA SO FUNNY THANKS AH.

Me: HURR HURR

MFTTW: despite your beliefs, we are not all directionless wastrels.

Me: just you ah


HWMNBN: it's a twisted version of the unholy internal reserves of energy that women have that make them unable to walk a few meters on the street without complaining, but spend hours on their feet fighting with crowds and rummaging through piles of discount clothes during the Great Singapore Sale


Someone: the academic world is a bitch too, and the work is 24/7

I know profs who regret going into it and wished they became data entry clerks instead


Someone else: btw...u slim down?
u positively look totally like a gal in the photo


Me: "absolute freedom... oppresses our rights to oppress. Can we oppress people who turn up in school naked? It's their freedom no? Can we oppress people who turn up in uniforms? Not really. And I know you've argued that the idea of freedom allows people to wear uniform if they want. But wouldn't they be seen as weirdos without self-identities i.e. oppressed?"

Someone: And I know you've argued that the idea of freedom allows people to wear uniform if they want. But wouldn't they be seen as weirdos without self-identities i.e. oppressed? = not to me

Me: it's the Oppression Olympics

Someone: I mean, I think, hypothetically, they'd only be seen as 'oppressed' if you're rigidly liberal to begin with (note the oxymoron)

sihg
I don't know about it; I'm not going to be involved in that discussion :P it seems like a bo liao thing

I am not sure any sensible humanities student would engage in that too
in defense of my discipline

Me: modern liberals are the least tolerant of all

Someone: of course

well
those who claim that label without interrogating what it means
*shrugs*

they have their own commandments
it's just. all. shit.
that's when I'm like, lemme crawl into a little bunker and hide. please.

Me: are you sure there're many sensible humanities students
haha

Someone: no, a lot are crap

I just. avoid. them.
:P

which means I usually spend most of my time holed up with my books

I dunno to me peolpe in general aren't that sensible

...

cannot just say EVERYTHING is liddat

I mean I think the whole 'hidden structures of power' thing is a useful concept, but you can't just assume that it operates in every case

it's kinda like that argument the gay thing
you linked me to some time ago

wtf are they on about

can't really remember at the moment, O that one, saying, 'he's cute, it's a pity he's gay' -- how the hell is this discriminatory
or if it is, it's no worse than someone going, 'he's cute, it's a pity he's straight'

replace that with race it seems a lot more provocative, I think that's the parallel people are making, but to me 'he's cute, it's a pity he's black' is as silly as 'he's cute, it's a pity he's white' -- also in context it might be a JOKE Y'ALL. Not to be taken seriously

same with the gay straight thing

aiyah
just stupid
stupid

I might take it for granted that [oppression] is there *in general societal discourse*, but I don't see how it would exist in EVERY situation

aiyah
I dunno about you, usually I'm like :D

'the world is such a bad place, where is my prince charming' -- I think I epitomise bimbocity
'prince charming will save me from big bad dunno what'

really.
I've given up more or less arguing unless I have to do it in a paper
I just want to spend some of my spare time talking absolute shit :D

anyway no point in making arguments that will be ignored

so don't care lro

as for the people who are dumb dumb nevermind them lah
the gay community and etc are all sensitive sensitive lor -- in general

I read too many of those fairy tales liao
so I believe I need prince charming to save me too. We? have read too many fairy tales

the truth probably is, if you're drowning you're drowning, no one will save you, unless you look like Cinderella to begin with

look in all senses, not just physical but the myriad of othre crap girls tend to consider more (ie, money etc)


TMM: seeing Singaporean girls in rather... disturbing situations has amused me after I enlisted

its definitely unhealthy
but strangely satisfying
like scratching an itch

Me: what disturbing situations?

TMM: I was seriously amused at the NUS assualt case [Ed: the one at Clementi Woods]

I need therapy
boo

Me: yeah slavery makes you need therapy
aiyah this is what slavery does to you

TMM: the NUS girl who went jogging and got assualted one

when I read the newspaper in the office
I was gloating
its very... disturbing

I don't remember being this vicious prior to enlistment
:(

Me: they key is to try and regain your humanity

instead of raging
"I have suffered so much.
The world must pay for what was done to me.
I shall make other people suffer as well
I'm only as good as the world allows me to be"

TMM: I don't delight in making others suffer, just relish it when they do
hmm

Me: that's still a bad thing
even if not as bad

TMM: definitely
I'm working on it


Someone on my camwhore userpic: wtf is with that picture
i seen girls doing that, except they are naked


Someone else: gin makes girls dry
more accurately, older women

Me: wth
where did that come from hahahahaha

Someone else: you thought correctly, you perv

Me: eh who's the perv here
hurr hurr

Someone else: im being very objective

Me: by "makes girls dry" do you mean "makes me dry"
don't speak for other people!

eh you're the one who said it lor
hah

Someone else: no no
i dont drink gin so i wouldnt know

haha
i read it somewhere!
swearz

Me: Did you mean: "gin makes girls cry"
No results found for "gin makes girls dry".

hahahahahaha
blog comments powered by Disqus
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Latest posts (which you might not see on this page)

powered by Blogger | WordPress by Newwpthemes