"The happiest place on earth"

Get email updates of new posts:        (Delivered by FeedBurner)

Thursday, November 06, 2003

The following was recommended to me by an excellent source and I must say it's very interesting. To think that names have such potential to reveal accurately to you a person's inner compatibility with you!

Try it! The results will amaze you. They sure amazed *me*!

http://www.crushcalculator.com/cc.cgi?id=1068165243nzd


Six Degrees of "Asian Prince"

Back in high school I would get my hair cut at Le Nam, a Vietnamese-owned salon across from my mom's dental office. One time I sat next to this guy whose look referenced both "Purple Rain"-era Prince and Little Richard. I remember seeing his mug on posters for area concerts. He was very talkative and he asked me what kind of music I was into. I mentioned that I liked the Smiths. His blank expression led me to think that he wasn't down with the Moz and Marr.

Years later, my friend Janna sent me a link to Asian Prince's Web site. I recognized the guy that I met in the hair salon. "Asian Prince" is actually Tuan Anh, a local Vietnamese singer of some renown who's appeared on some "Paris By Night" videos. Some white Aussie guy thought his schtick was funny, so he made up this site about a pathologically self-absorbed singer with a fake Chinese name ("Wo-Hen Nankan") using Tuan Anh's photos. "Asian Prince" was something of a sensation a few years back, judging by Google searches.


Mystery of mysteries, which is the real Asian Prince on Friendster?

Wo-Hen or Asian Prince?

If pressed, I'd say the former though since it's linked to from his Official Journal!


I like this selection from the latest Demotivators collection:

blog comments powered by Disqus
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Latest posts (which you might not see on this page)

powered by Blogger | WordPress by Newwpthemes