"The happiest place on earth"

Get email updates of new posts:        (Delivered by FeedBurner)

Sunday, February 12, 2006

I'm trying to figure out if I just had a semi-raw chicken patty.

Yesterday at the market they were selling 4 chicken burgers for 1 Euro, where 1 consists of a pre-sliced bun and a patty breaded with orange crumbs. The patty looked cooked, so I warmed up 2 bun halves and a patty in a saucepan, added some lettuce and tomatoes, topped it with a bit of mayonnaise and ate it.

However, when I bit into it, the patty was squishy - not the raw chicken sort of squishy (then again, how much raw chicken goes into patties anyway?), but a squishier sort.

I was always under the impression that breaded patties which come in pre-sliced buns are pre-cooked. Maybe it was half-cooked. I'll use the microwave next time before using the pan to crispen the coating.

I just hope I had enough restoran food in Malaysia to strengthen my digestive system.
blog comments powered by Disqus
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Latest posts (which you might not see on this page)

powered by Blogger | WordPress by Newwpthemes