"The happiest place on earth"

Get email updates of new posts:        (Delivered by FeedBurner)

Friday, August 11, 2006

Knowledge Enterprise 2005 - SUE, a true story

I was clearing my NUS email today when I came across this link in an email sent many months ago. Immediately, I recognised the name because of a conversation I had with My Favourite Test Tube Washer recently, where she said she was going to see SUE in Chicago. I was very doubtful that Chicago would let the pride of their collection leave, just as the British Museum would never let the Rosetta Stone leave its walls, and My Favourite Test Tube Washer proclaimed that she "did in fact see sue. on 9/8/06. with photographic evidence!­" Something was rotten in the state of Denmark.

Meanwhile, in between trumpeting their role in bringing the exhibition to Singapore, the NUS page was employing wordplay to give readers the impression that this was the real thing, while leaving just enough room to be able to claim that they weren't (kind of like saying that people have accused you of doing something you really did). Poking around online unearthed the official page of the exhibition, which was less dodgy which stated outright that this was a replica.

Luckily I didn't have to Skype Chicago to ask them (it's 11am there now).

[My Favourite Test Tube Washer: you could have skyped chicago it would be funnier]
blog comments powered by Disqus
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Latest posts (which you might not see on this page)

powered by Blogger | WordPress by Newwpthemes