"The happiest place on earth"

Get email updates of new posts:        (Delivered by FeedBurner)

Thursday, July 25, 2002

Word of the day(I know that makes two in one day, pedants): "tanstaafl"

Cicero would be appalled at your Latin gaffe; by all accounts he was a stickler for language. It's "De gustibus, non disputandum est."

Although, after a quick consultation with an acquaintance at Georgetown University with a stronger classical education than I possess, I was told that either "non disputandum est" or "non est disputandum" is technically acceptable; although "non est disputandum" would have a more literary effect by putting the emphasis on "disputandum" at the end - a literary characteristic of ecclesiastical Latin while the other variation is more commonly found in Vulgate Latin(the Manglish/Singlish of Latin).

Yes, I'm bored, so I shall bore you all too.

Argh. Work. Getting in the way of posting today's rather interesting experience with local law-enforcement. So shall hopefully have opportunity to post more anon.

BTW, I think I figured out how to link to that Asianprince page you wanted. Check back with me ASAP. And the ringtone I need composed is for a Nokia; the tune is available at http://www.geocities.com/Tokyo/Island/1996/macross_plus-myung_theme_cello.mp3. It's the cello version of the Macross Plus theme: "Voices" by Yoko Kanno. For the anime freaks, *yes* I know it's a cliched theme, but I still assert that the instrumental has mondo more intensity than the original.
blog comments powered by Disqus
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Latest posts (which you might not see on this page)

powered by Blogger | WordPress by Newwpthemes