"The happiest place on earth"

Get email updates of new posts:        (Delivered by FeedBurner)

Friday, July 26, 2002

I can't go for College Day/Rafflesian Recall because I've to be at the Indoor Stadium by 9AM. Boo hoo!

Google really doesn't like me. On a search for "phantasy star online patch", I'm 405. Of 405. I'm surprised the person so was desperate he searched all the way to #405.

I'm thinking of putting those descriptions of posters in the sidebar. At this point, it seems incredibly amusing, as we can come up with lines suitably parodying (or imitating, if you prefer) the fluffy, vague and irksome descriptions some people like to have for themselves.


On computer parts:

Athlons have noisy fans.

I like my optical mouse but wireless seems a touch expensive - and to little visible end

Sub-$900 is "ok" for an LCD? Mine was ~$600, bought late last year. $900 seems a tad expensive. If you've WinXP you can have Cleartype! Looks great on screenshots.

DVD: DVD has failed to take off in the PC arena. DVD-RAM and DVD-RW are new and upcoming (as far as I, ensconced in my camp, know), but generally DVDs are only used for watching movies.

My SBLive! cost me ~$50.

Yeah internal modems are evil and screw up your system. I want my expansion slots! Though I won't use em.

I think GeForce 4 is too much for Andrew. One generation less maybe?


Thanks to a certain guardstalker, all of you can enjoy PJ Girl's Cleo article!

It does read like one of those "I'm going to make a statement by writing an article" articles. Do I sense that the writer is trying to give herself advice, or draw parallels with her life? Or maybe I read too much into it, despite not being a lit student.


My mother is being bitchy again. Perhaps this is why I try to stay away when I'm at home.

"You are so mad on the computer, when you go to the U we will sell it, or you will get Henderson (name of a school that has poor results) grades"

I think it hasn't occured to her that one of the reasons I like the computer so much is that it gives me solace from her.

My parents were talking about how all the parents who cry when their children don't get a place in Nanyang Primary. If it counts for anything, the response from ex-pupils is unanimous (but for one lone soul) - Nanyang Primary sucks.

To that, my father said I'm ungrateful and my mother was going on about how parents spend hours on doing work for the school so their students can go in. This is supposed to be evidence of how good nanyang is. But did anyone ask the children? Nooooo.

They claim Nanyang educated me such that I could get into the GEP. However, I am of the opinion that it repressed me, perhaps contributing to my somewhat disturbed present mental state :)
blog comments powered by Disqus
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Latest posts (which you might not see on this page)

powered by Blogger | WordPress by Newwpthemes