"The happiest place on earth"

Get email updates of new posts:        (Delivered by FeedBurner)

Saturday, April 20, 2024

Moral disapproval and 'hate'

From "Philip Powell OP" on Facebook (from the screenshot I saw):

Person: I want to do "X."
Catholic Church: You are free to do it.
Person: But you think "X" is wrong.
Catholic Church: Yes.
Person: Because you want to control me?
Catholic Church: No. You are free to do what you want.
Person: But you think "X" is wrong.
Catholic Church: Yes. But only because I want your ultimate good.
Person: But I want to do "X."
Catholic Church: You are free to do it.
Person: But I want you to say that "X" is good.
Catholic Church: I cannot say that.
Person: Why do you hate me?

Clearly, if you tell an alcoholic that alcohol is bad for him, you hate him.

blog comments powered by Disqus
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Latest posts (which you might not see on this page)

powered by Blogger | WordPress by Newwpthemes